Xbox One X Enhanced Titles

I don't think so mate, The only thing I have seen microsoft talk about is the super duper pack which adds the new textures, 4k and HDR. I have not read anything about microsoft bringing out a patch to increase the rendering rez on the current release

cheers
That would explain it. :smashin:

In case anybody missed it, Battlefield 1 has had the X Enhanced treatment with 4K assets being added, as I understand it. I thought it looked pretty good at a constant 1080p on my 1080p display, but it looks even more detailed and sharper now. Has made the fans ramp up during matches, so the console is noisier than running the old 1080p max res.

Can’t find any mention of 4K assets being added just a resolution bump so it is now dynamic 4K.

Seems that most games just get 4K and HDR, the number with high quality texture packs and alternate performance options are few and far between which is a real shame, if only more were like Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Last edited:
Can’t find any mention of 4K assets being added just a resolution bump so it is now dynamic 4K.

Seems that most games just get 4K and HDR, the number with high quality texture packs and alternate performance options are few and far between which is a real shame, if only more were like Rise of the Tomb Raider.

The misconception here is a bit crazy. You can only have "high quality texture" packs if a) they exist and b) you didn't have them in the first place.

There are games where separate console and PC texture packs were created in order to optimise for the consoles. But in BF1 for example, this isn't the case, and the textures are identical across all versions.

I was unaware of that, thought the limited memory on the Xbox One meant that high quality assets were never present hence why games like Gears of War 4, Quantum Break and Rise of the Tomb Raider received additional 20Gb+ texture packs.

I was unaware of that, thought the limited memory on the Xbox One meant that high quality assets were never present hence why games like Gears of War 4, Quantum Break and Rise of the Tomb Raider received additional 20Gb+ texture packs.

Some games (don't think QB was one) did receive high quality textures. But this is not the norm. And usually is only the case if separate high quality textures exist for the PC version. More often the assets are simply identical, and just displayed at higher/lower resolution, with higher/lower AF/AA etc settings.

If you play BF1 on PC you still see "muddy" texture work in places like on console. I believe the assets are pretty much the same.

Last edited:
Some games (don't think QB was one) did receive high quality textures. But this is not the norm. And usually is only the case if separate high quality textures exist for the PC version. More often the assets are simply identical, and just displayed at higher/lower resolution, with higher/lower AF/AA etc settings.

If you play BF1 on PC you still see "muddy" texture work in places like on console. I believe the assets are pretty much the same.

Thanks for the info :)

As for Quantum Break I am pretty sure it had a 4K texture pack as the game went from around 44Gb to nearly 95Gb.

343 have done a really good job with the Halo MCC update.

343 have done a really good job with the Halo MCC update.
Yeah and one of the best implementations of HDR calibration so far too.

The Rocket League Xbox One X enhanced patch is planned for release in early December 2018 (4K at 60 frames per second with HDR) Rocket League Roadmap: Fall 2018

I thought it had been done already as it looks great lol.

It's currently 1080p60 on all Xbox One consoles but I think you get the 16x AF with all non-Xbox X enhanced games so that should make it look nicer.

I think they announced it was going to get a Xbox One X update really early on but they kept making blog posts saying it was in the works and at some point said it would be in 2018 but now it looks like we have a release.

Patch released. Looks and plays great.

From the patch notes it's native 4K and has HDR too.

Rocket League v1.56 Patch Notes said:
Xbox One X Enhanced with 4K and HDR

• Rocket League on Xbox One X now displays in native 4K
    • 4K support requires a 4K-capable television and compatible HDMI cable
  • Supersampling is enabled if playing on Xbox One X with a 1920x1080 display
  • HDR support has been added
  • HDR will automatically activate if:
    • Your 4K TV supports HDR
    • HDR is enabled on your 4K TV
    • HDR is enabled on your Xbox One X via the “Display and Sound” settings menu
  • HDR options include
    • HDR Paper White: Adjusts how bright a paper white surface should be when HDR is enabled
    • HDR Contrast
    • Side-by-Side Visualizer: Allows you to compare when HDR is enabled vs disabled

Patch Notes v1.56 [December Update]

I got ac rogue remastered for Xmas. Today I tried the game. Its not aged well. Graphics are good for a game this old but the gameplay is poor. Sea combat is boring (same goes for odyssey )
I just found the game to be clunky, awkward and very dated
Black flag comes across exactly the same
It's not the fault of the remaster or the x that game is so poor by today's standards. It's just a game that should stay in the past. Compared to unity, rogue really feels much older than it is.
The silly animus stuff is totally unnecessary. Thankfully that has all been dropped now apart from a few pointless scenes.
I am disappointed in rogue as I really like ac series. In their time these games were outstanding but I'm. Not for one to take games out of their time. Rdr stands up very well but that's way above anything ubisoft have ever done with ac.
I was looking forward to rogue. I shan't do any more old ac games further back than unity

I couldn't disagree more with you.
Unity felt very sloppy compared to the games leading up to it.
The controls and the way the character moved felt very floaty and like you hardly had any control.
Syndicate was a slight improvement, but not by much. Better overall compared to Unity, but not a scratch on the 360 era games.

The last two, Origins and Odyssey, they're a completely different format, yet for all their "improvements", I still prefer the 360 era games.

Assassin's Creed has lost its way since the end of Desmond's story.
They've tried to pull it back with having an actual real world/present day protagonist in Origins and Odyssey, but that part of the story seems to have lost a lot of the urgency of the early games.

I've heard rumours that Ubisoft are actually looking at the end of the AC story, but they're not quite there yet.
As much as I love the series, I feel like it's time for it to wrap the story up and end.

I haven't had the time this year, mainly due to work and trying to get through my backlog of games, but I usually play through the entire series each year, and as I said before, the 360 era games are the best in the series.
My only complaints are that they started filling the maps with points collectibles and put too much emphasis on collecting resources for crafting. Especially in Black Flag and Rogue.
Brotherhood and Revelations had their issues too, what with buying individual shops and some of the mini games, both of which were too time consuming and took away from the flow of the story.

I just hope that the very last game they make in the series goes back to the original style of action adventure, and takes all its inspiration from AC2, which was the best in the series.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom