Xbox One X Enhanced Titles

Before I buy xbox one x I want to ask you how is the 4k player on it?There were some problems with the brightness and picture quality. Did they fix it?
It's ok. The drive isn't particularly quiet and the colour accuracy is not perfect though you would likely only notice that with a side by side comparison with a reference quality player. The elevated black level was fixed. It also has had trouble playing my planet earth uhd disc. A firmware update fixed that but then it was broken again the other week ! Another update resolved it. I am in the beta program though. So it's good but not perfect . The drive noise annoys me most - its quieter gaming . I am fussy about that though

Would of been good if like the pc version you could add your own music.

The music was a huge part of the game for me.
It wasn’t because I was a huge fan of any particular artist, but it’s because it captured the mood perfectly.
The Russian radio station in particular.
Taking any of it away and replacing it with something else would be like going back and changing the Halo 3 soundtrack.

I know it's not enhanced but a question about GTAV. I already own it digitally on PS4 but didn't get too far though it, I have a Pro (with internal SSD) - am I going to see much benefit from getting this on X? I can't seem to find much in the way of comparisons.

I know it's not enhanced but a question about GTAV. I already own it digitally on PS4 but didn't get too far though it, I have a Pro (with internal SSD) - am I going to see much benefit from getting this on X? I can't seem to find much in the way of comparisons.

Not sure about a direct comparison between the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro for GTAV but if a game is on the Xbox One X and does not have a specific update then you get some of the extra power of the console such as slightly quicker load times due to higher HDD bandwidth and faster CPU (probably your SSD in the PS4 might make this point moot), extra texture filtering (x16 AF), forced v-sync (so no screen tearing) and possibly more solid frame rates (in scenes where the old console struggled to hold it's target the X can use some of the extra CPU and GPU to help better get to it's target - in GTAV's case 30 frames per second).

Here is some info (not related to GTA V but details the improvements)
Five ways your Xbox One and 360 games will be better on Scorpio

I don't know for sure but I guess you don't get the forced v-sync or x16 AF using the PS4 Pro's Boost Mode (if you do I've not read about it) so there is that but I'd imagine it's a minor improvement.

Do you think they can ad HDR in Red Dead Redemption?

My guess is that it's not impossible but seems extremely unlikely.

They added it to Halo 3 but it's done on a game by game basis and seeing as they already have the tech (aka The Heutchy Method) and didn't implement it in the update it's unlikely they will release another update to add new features (as they haven't done it before).

I'd imagine they could have looked/tested it but it either didn't work/look as intended or they didn't have the hardware budget/resources for it.

Last edited:
Wish they'd enhance GTA V...I'm still playing it!

Given the rumors of another release of the game this time aimed at the X I think its likely a patch is in the works.

Maybe with GTA V they could bring over some of the textures etc... from the PC version.

Technically though it already received its upgrade when it was ported over from the 360 when the One launched. Considering they never bothered for the PS4 pro I doubt they will go back again. I think a red dead style GTA IV upgrade is far more likely

cheers

I'm surprised a game as popular as GTA V hasn't had some proper comparisons.

Some of the issues with the assumption of 'better AF etc' is that the base PS4 version already had things like extra foliage, so if the X version is still a cut-down version then the advantages of 'better AF' are going to be outweighed (IMO anyway) by those sorts of things.

I think I answered my own question! :D

I'm surprised a game as popular as GTA V hasn't had some proper comparisons.

Some of the issues with the assumption of 'better AF etc' is that the base PS4 version already had things like extra foliage, so if the X version is still a cut-down version then the advantages of 'better AF' are going to be outweighed (IMO anyway) by those sorts of things.

I think I answered my own question! :D

My lad still plays this on both an original xbox one (my old one in his room) and, when i let him, on my one x. By far the biggest difference between the two is the loading times, especially when online.

cheers

Panzer Dragoon, Never played the xbox version but had a few of these games back in the day on the saturn

Any news on Minecraft 4K with the Super DUper graphics?

Any news on Minecraft 4K with the Super DUper graphics?

last i heard it was spring but it looks like it is delayed, gone quiet this one. I think i read it will cost 9.99 for people who own the game and can be preordered for £25-£30 but i guess this is both the base game and super duper pack combined

cheers

Is minecraft in 4k yet?
I've downloaded it on the 1X but doesn't look it

It is a bit blocky looking..
I'm new to the 1X. So I download minecraft from the store as the kids had it on the 1S. But I cannot tell if it's the upgraded version. It doesn't look it nor is there any other version about.

I'm new to the 1X. So I download minecraft from the store as the kids had it on the 1S. But I cannot tell if it's the upgraded version. It doesn't look it nor is there any other version about.

The super duper graphics pack still hasn't come out mate, hopefully we will hear something at E3

cheers

Ok, on a more serious note. Have a look in “My games and apps” you can filter games by X Enhanced, does it show under that?

The super duper graphics pack still hasn't come out mate, hopefully we will hear something at E3

cheers
I thought the super duper pack was an additional charge for extra enhancement beyond the basic 4k?

Ok, on a more serious note. Have a look in “My games and apps” you can filter games by X Enhanced, does it show under that?
No it doesn't.

I thought the super duper pack was an additional charge for extra enhancement beyond the basic 4k?

I don't think so mate, The only thing I have seen microsoft talk about is the super duper pack which adds the new textures, 4k and HDR. I have not read anything about microsoft bringing out a patch to increase the rendering rez on the current release

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom