Xbox One X Enhanced Titles

Its a bit more than 'just' 40% more powerful - its GPU maybe but then if you factor in it has 3.5GB more RAM for games - that's 65% more and its also 50% faster too as well as the baked in wizardry and customisation but the main reason it can make such a big difference in visual quality id the GPU & RAM.

I have a 4k TV and got a pro on launch but was never truly blown away by it. I thought it looked good and kinda figured my lower end TV just wasn't upto the job. But it's like with the x my TV has come to life. Everything just seems to pop off the screen now, even the Netflix app looks way better than on the pro despite people having issues with it.

The latest Division update is available for download. Patch 1.8.1 includes Xbox One X enhancements (4K rendering, improved reflections, shadows etc.) :smashin:

The latest Division update is available for download. Patch 1.8.1 includes Xbox One X enhancements (4K rendering, improved reflections, shadows etc.) :smashin:

Do you know if HDR has been added or not?

Nice one. Have you checked it out yet? Been meaning to get back into the game for about a year and try some of the DLC and see some of the changes from 1.3 onwards.... now might be a good time to do so.

Tempted to re download the division to check out this update, Curious to what they have actually the done, the ps4pro 4k patch was basically an upscale with the ui elements rendered at 4k (with improved shadows, reflections etc).

There is no HDR on the PS4 so i expect the same here, would be a nice surprise though if it was added

Excellent game though, and well supported throughout the last couple of years, The new one should be excellent

edit.... was still installed on my one x so just got the patch. 4gig ish

HUD and other ui elements is a massive improvement, the difference is pretty clear.

Shadows etc.... I couldn't tell tbh, seemed the same. There will be differences digital foundry or whatever will show them but sitting on my couch any improvement wasn't obvious. The game has always looked pretty good anyway.

Framerate, This could be placebo but the game felt smoother, maybe it was locked at 30 previously and they have altered it for the one x? not sure but it was very smooth

HDR - fished through all the menu's and couldn't see a way to enable it so i guess it isn't present

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know if HDR has been added or not?
Haven't seen it mentioned and doesn't seem it's there from chopples post above

Nice one. Have you checked it out yet? Been meaning to get back into the game for about a year and try some of the DLC and see some of the changes from 1.3 onwards.... now might be a good time to do so.

I've downloaded the patch, but the server maintenance was still ongoing afterwards and I've had to come into the office this afternoon so won't be able to try it myself until later tonight.

Haven't seen it mentioned and doesn't seem it's there from chopples post above

I noticed - thanks. Its a shame if not - especially as all my games of late have been HDR enabled and look stunning with the extra range. This game looks good but would look better with HDR - not that it won't stop me playing it.

I've downloaded the patch, but the server maintenance was still ongoing afterwards and I've had to come into the office this afternoon so won't be able to try it myself until later tonight.

I downloaded the patch this morning too but as I have just started the Blood and Wine DLC for the Witcher 3. After finishing Far Cry 5, I wanted to return to the Witcher 3 DLC before God of War releases so I probably won't get to play much of the Division for a while. I haven't played too much as I was waiting for the patch but I will get round to it soon.

The Witcher 3..... another game I bought in a sale about 2 years ago and still haven't booted up.

Blood and Wine - fantastic bit of DLC. Enjoy!

Already played it once with the PS4 - I bought the GotY edition as it was only £5 more than the DLC and as its one of, if not the best games of the generation, I had no qualms with replaying the whole game again and then the DLC. However that wasn't in HDR then...

Its a great DLC and I highly recommend the game and both DLC packs (or the GotY version...) SUPERB!

I hope GTA IV gets some kind of enhancement.
Although, Rockstar have recently stated that a number of songs will be removed from the soundtrack due to expired licenses.
Strange that they’ve come out with this.
Could it mean they’re planning an X patch but can’t work on it without removing the expired songs?

I’ll be sad to see any songs removed as they set the tone.
But I’d still like to see an enhanced patch.

The Witcher 3..... another game I bought in a sale about 2 years ago and still haven't booted up.
You definitely should. Awesome game. Just starting the last DLC now. Just make sure you don't have anything else you want to play for about the next year

Before I buy xbox one x I want to ask you how is the 4k player on it?There were some problems with the brightness and picture quality. Did they fix it?

Last edited:
I'm going with, the licences have expired so they need to remove them.

I’ll just stick to playing it offline on my 360 then.
I love GTA IV and its soundtrack is a big part of moulding the atmosphere for me.
If they’re patching all versions then I assume this means that the next time I decide to play I’ll be greeted with an update patching out those songs?

I’ll just stick to playing it offline on my 360 then.
I love GTA IV and its soundtrack is a big part of moulding the atmosphere for me.
If they’re patching all versions then I assume this means that the next time I decide to play I’ll be greeted with an update patching out those songs?
I'm sure I read they were going to add music in to replace it but not sure. Yip, I thought I read that.

https://kotaku.com/rockstar-must-cut-some-music-from-gta-iv-but-plans-to-1825159152

“Due to music licensing restrictions, we are required to remove certain songs from the in-game soundtrack of Grand Theft Auto IV and its Episodes, in particular a large portion of the Russian pop station, Vladivostok FM,” the Rockstar rep explained in an e-mailed statement. “However we are replacing some of those songs with a new set of songs on that station. We will update our customer support website with new information as soon as it is available.”

Before I buy xbox one x I want to ask you how is the 4k player on it?There were some problems with the brightness and picture quality. Did they fix it?

I don't have a 4K TV so can't speak from experience but they did release a patch which fixed a lot of issues.

Here is a video comparing the playback with one of the better dedicated players out there

You definitely should. Awesome game. Just starting the last DLC now. Just make sure you don't have anything else you want to play for about the next year

I know it's meant to be awesome, but your last comment explains perfectly why I haven't up to now, knowing I'll need a tonne of time to play it and little else.

The brightness was sorted within a week of release and while a dedicated player might offer a slightly better picture the UHDs I have watched on mine have looked fantastic but it does have issues playing certain discs.

I'm sure I read they were going to add music in to replace it but not sure. Yip, I thought I read that.

https://kotaku.com/rockstar-must-cut-some-music-from-gta-iv-but-plans-to-1825159152

“Due to music licensing restrictions, we are required to remove certain songs from the in-game soundtrack of Grand Theft Auto IV and its Episodes, in particular a large portion of the Russian pop station, Vladivostok FM,” the Rockstar rep explained in an e-mailed statement. “However we are replacing some of those songs with a new set of songs on that station. We will update our customer support website with new information as soon as it is available.”

It won’t be the same [emoji20]

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom