Xbox One X Enhanced Titles

So Ive noticed that none of my enhanced X games now say "4k content installed' like they did a few days ago... Weird. Can anyone also confirm their GB size of AC Origins. Thought it would of been greater than what mine is saying.
It's roughly 43gb.

So Ive noticed that none of my enhanced X games now say "4k content installed' like they did a few days ago... Weird. Can anyone also confirm their GB size of AC Origins. Thought it would of been greater than what mine is saying.

Assassins Creed Origins doesn't use different Textures or other content so the update for 4k is very small. Its literally just changing the visual settings values (not that we on console see these). Its basically just changing the 'output resolution' values and a few tweaks like Shadow quality, ambient occlusion settings and draw distance values. As there are no 'higher res' textures to download or any other additional content, the patch is much smaller than something like FM7 or Shadow of War for example where you also have higher quality textures and/or 4k quality cut-scenes/video.

Not feeling the love of ROTTR in the looks department... Certainly not compared to COD / AC Origins.... Which of the 3 settings are people using?

Not feeling the love of ROTTR in the looks department... Certainly not compared to COD / AC Origins.... Which of the 3 settings are people using?

I’m using Enriched which looks the best for me.

Enriched (in my opinion) is the best mode. It may not be 'Native' 4k but it does dial all the visual settings to max and CB 4k is virtually impossible to detect at normal viewing distances. Enriched therefore gives you the best PQ and closest to a PC 4k Ultra setting visual.

Looks like the enhanced update for Witcher 3 will be 4K (not 100% clear if it's full 4K, checkerboarded or scaled up to 4K) with higher-quality shadows, ambient occlusion, texture filtering, higher resolution textures and an all-around performance boost.

Inside Xbox One X Enhanced: The Witcher 3

The PS4 Pro version is 4K checker boarded from 1920x2160 to 4K with lots of added visual features (seems to have frame rate issues). I'd imagine the Xbox One X version will be slightly better (with stuff like better shadows and higher res textures) than the PS4 Pro but with a higher resolution.

Last edited:
Is The Division still getting an update ! I looked recently and it doesn't appear on the list of games getting an update, only Wildlands does.

Is The Division still getting an update ! I looked recently and it doesn't appear on the list of games getting an update, only Wildlands does.

I think it was listed originally but haven’t heard anything since. Massive struggle to get game updates out these days (patch 1.8 has been in the works for months now and still no official release date) so I’m not personally holding my breath on an X update.

I know the PS4 Pro got one, but the game had a much more active player base back then!

Anyone know when the Fallout 4 patch will be ready?

I think it was listed originally but haven’t heard anything since. Massive struggle to get game updates out these days (patch 1.8 has been in the works for months now and still no official release date) so I’m not personally holding my breath on an X update.

I know the PS4 Pro got one, but the game had a much more active player base back then!
It's a shame if it doesn't, was going to pick up a copy again to play it, but I'll leave it if not.

A good video from Digital Foundry detailing some 360 games on the Xbox One X.

The Hitman update seems like it's really pushing the console.

You can have a high frame rate mode which is close to 60fps in most areas which runs at 1440p with some minor visual improvements over the base game :clap: and there is a 4K mode with lots of bells and whistles that can be locked at 30fps or have an unlocked frame rate (only really adds about 10-15 frames).

Most games with a high frame rate mode are locked to 1080p without any extra visual effects so I am really happy IO got it to 1440p and got it looking better.

Last edited:
Played it through on the PS4 Pro earlier in the year and really enjoyed it, might have to re-buy and play through again as the beauty of this type of game are the sheer number of ways to complete each level.

Anyone know when the Doom 4k patch will be out?

Also Fortnite?

The Division was £5.99 pre owned on game website so took a punt on it again might get to play the DLC I paid for as well lol.

Looks like the Skyrim and Fallout 4 patches are coming out today with Xbox One Enhanced support.

Skyrim Special Edition Game Updates
Fallout 4 Game Updates

Anyone know when the Doom 4k patch will be out?

Also Fortnite?

Fortnite will get 4K support (80% of 4K upscaled to 4K which I guess is 3072 x 1728 or maybe it's at 1800p) and better visuals with patch 1.9.1 which should start rolling out today.

Smoke Grenades and Xbox One X Support: V.1.9.1 Patch Notes

Epic Games said:
Fortnite now supports Xbox One X in 4K!
  • Fortnite on Xbox One X pushes the game’s visual settings comparable to what you’d see on a PC set to “Epic” quality.
  • This includes better-quality reflections (including screen space reflections being enabled); higher quality post processes like motion blur, anti-aliasing, and depth of field; great draw distances; more detailed foliage; shadow casting enabled on more lights and objects; and higher resolution textures and shadows.
  • Content is rendered at 80% of 4K and then upsampled to 4K via a high-quality software upsampler. The HUD is rendered in 4K.

Might have to try out Fortnite now :D.

The Division was £5.99 pre owned on game website so took a punt on it again might get to play the DLC I paid for as well lol.

I still need to get to the original level cap :eek:. I think I might give it a go again with the updated visuals.

Last edited:
Looks like the Skyrim and Fallout 4 patches are coming out today with Xbox One Enhanced support.

Skyrim Special Edition Game Updates
Fallout 4 Game Updates

Fortnite will get 4K support (80% of 4K upscaled to 4K which I guess is 3072 x 1728 or maybe it's at 1800p) and better visuals with patch 1.9.1 which should start rolling out today.

Smoke Grenades and Xbox One X Support: V.1.9.1 Patch Notes

Might have to try out Fortnite now :D.

I still need to get to the original level cap :eek:. I think I might give it a go again with the updated visuals.
I think, I hit the cap, but can't remember as it must be a year since I played it last.

Digital Foundry did a video about the Quantum Break Xbox One X enhancement.

Seems less blurry with it's higher resolution but it looks like the update has added some noise and flicker to the image.

Hopefully it's just a bug that can be fixed soon.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom