Xbox One X Enhanced Titles

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
Surely any listing on Wikipedia is to be taken with a slight pinch of salt considering anyone can edit it.... I could say a game will be 4k 60fps and whilst playing Scarlett Johansson will sit on your lap. Doesn't make it right though.

;)

BAMozzy

Distinguished Member
Surely any listing on Wikipedia is to be taken with a slight pinch of salt considering anyone can edit it.... I could say a game will be 4k 60fps and whilst playing Scarlett Johansson will sit on your lap. Doesn't make it right though.

;)
Whilst I do agree with you - re Wiki, its still an 'good' place to get info and then, if needed, verify the details elsewhere if required. Its better than Major Nelson's list which gives NO information at all on what the enhancements entail - its just a 'yes' this game will be enhanced...

I think though, that if you were to put that into wiki, some would take it as gospel.

SteveU30

Distinguished Member
Any chance of people posting announcements/updates here now that people have got/are getting their consoles?

amardilo

Distinguished Member
Not really a Xbox One X enhanced video but this video seems interesting. The video shows the Witcher 3 (before the first patch) that lets the game run with an unlocked framerate and on the Xbox One X it sort of can get up to 60fps (at 900p).

I think this is super interesting as it gets close to 60fps and Digital Foundry said that the Xbox One X for games that are not enhanced don't get all the system resources (100% CPU but roughly 3TF for the GPU) so maybe with improvements to the game engine, SDK/XDK and getting full system resources we may get 1080p at 60fps... well I'm hoping for it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

CurleeToes

I really hope they enhance battlefield 3 I played halo 3 and mirrors edge and they both look fantastic like new games definitely not 10 years old

amardilo

Distinguished Member
Looks like Injustice 2 got an update too.

November Update! - WB Games Community
Ed Boon on Twitter
Injustice2 on Twitter

According to the forum post it contains improved shadow quality, enhanced motion blur, better depth of field, overall higher quality post-processing, increased character detail, higher resolution, and HDR support.

If this is at least the same as the PS4 Pro version (1440p) and is on sale anytime soon I might pick it up.

rowedav

Distinguished Member
In case anyone missed it - Destiny 2 enhanced patch is coming on 5th Dec, enabling 4K resolution and HDR. Interesting to note the Pro is getting "adaptive" 4K, but Xbox One X it just says 4K, so possible native. I'm sure DF will be on the case when it drops.

amardilo

Distinguished Member
Looks like Titanfall 2 has had an update to address some of the Xbox One X enhancement issues - Respawn on Twitter

RidleyDeckard

I tried Mafia 3 and while the resolution and frame rate are great, the HDR is totally screwed up on my screen. It's like brightness has been turned down by 50% and looks totally washed out. There are no HDR options apart from brightness, which you can down if you want but it makes it look even worse. Has anyone else been able to try this?

CurleeToes

I tried Mafia 3 and while the resolution and frame rate are great, the HDR is totally screwed up on my screen. It's like brightness has been turned down by 50% and looks totally washed out. There are no HDR options apart from brightness, which you can down if you want but it makes it look even worse. Has anyone else been able to try this?
I don’t have mafia but I did play zoo tycoon in HDR last night and that was also really dim compared to SDR no HDR brightness settings in the game either

RidleyDeckard

I don’t have mafia but I did play zoo tycoon in HDR last night and that was also really dim compared to SDR
All the other games I've tried with HDR have been fine, I guess it is developers not fully understanding that all HDR TVs are different and you need to be able to adjust the amount of HDR. In Mafia 3, even the bright parts of the screen are dull

CurleeToes

All the other games I've tried with HDR have been fine, I guess it is developers not fully understanding that all HDR TVs are different and you need to be able to adjust the amount of HDR. In Mafia 3, even the bright parts of the screen are dull
Yeah both Forza 7 & gears of war 4 look great in HDR

MelodyMae

I started this earlier, was totally underwhelmed for the first 45 mins or so with the so called enhancements and then all of a sudden the image just seemed to clear up and looked so much better. Its a weird one so far IMO lol.

RidleyDeckard

That is weird. I’ll give it another go later. Wolfenstein is calling at the moment.

RidleyDeckard

I went back to Mafia 3 and it seems the day time is totally washed out while the night time looks pretty good. I just wish there were some in game settings for it as I'd probably turn it off for Mafia 3 but leave it on for everything else.

amardilo

Distinguished Member
Looks like we may get an update to Overwatch at some point :clap:

Blizzard: Xbox One X hardware 'incredible,' Overwatch 4K enhancements on the way

I doubt it will be 4K at 60fps as a GTX 1080 just about hits that on PC (and that has much faster RAM and is well over 6TF) but I hope it's better than the PS4 Pro version which got a 4K HUD and higher texture filtering but still ran at 1080p (although the standard PS4 version used dynamic scaling).
Maybe we can get higher graphical settings with dynamic scaling up to 1440p.

Last edited:

MelodyMae

So Ive noticed that none of my enhanced X games now say "4k content installed' like they did a few days ago... Weird. Can anyone also confirm their GB size of AC Origins. Thought it would of been greater than what mine is saying.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 25th November 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Sky agrees movie deal with Entertainment One
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Amazon Prime Video UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Lypertek renames TEVI wireless earphones to PurePlay Z3
  • By Andy Bassett