Xbox One X Atmos issue when playing movies

Discussion in 'Xbox One' started by Matson, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Matson

Matson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,411
    I figured I would make a thread for this as its driving me crazy lol.

My setup is the LG E6, Denon x2200w receiver.

So basically today I got my new atmos speakers. Did the setup on my receiver and set everything up correctly as it should be.

Went on my xbox one x and turned the audio setting to bitstream...Dolby Atmos and to let my receiver decode which it says you have to have switched on when watching blu rays.

I then went on the Dolby Atmos xbox app.. everything setup correctly, played the demos and they all worked perfectly. Atmos came up on my receiver as it should. I then tried the blu ray disc of assassins creed origins as that game supports atmos and once again it worked perfectly. Atmos came up and all is good.

I then tried the 4K blu ray of I.T which has an atmos track and it doesn't work. It goes to TrueHD even though this disc doesn't have a TrueHD track. It only has DTS HD and Atmos. I tried 4K of mad max and same thing.

I then tried the men in black 4K blu ray and got this message come up on the screen...

31231242.jpg
    Any idea why the atmos app is working fine and the atmos blu ray game is working fine but I'm getting this coming up for a movie?

I also checked my receiver info... This is what I get when playing the assassins creed origins game with atmos. As you can see it detects it properly and the correct speakers are active.

20180117_181432.jpg

This is what comes up with the I.T blu ray playing and the atmos track selected.
    As you can see it comes up as Dolby TrueHD and the atmos speakers arn't enabled under activate speakers.

20180117_181243.jpg

This is driving me crazy and if anyone has any idea at all what's causing this I would appreciate the help.

2. georgios73

georgios73
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Strange. The only thing I can think of is what happened to me (same setup as you apart from I have a Samsung) is I inserted the wrong disc, the one without atmos

3. Nayfne

Nayfne
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,328
    Do you have secondary audio switched to off? The Atmos metadata is stored within the core Dolby TrueHD soundtrack, I watched IT last.night in Dolby Atmos and had to manually select it as it started in DTS-HD, and did you do a full auto calibration on your receiver again when you added your new Atmos speakers? I'm sure you have, just trying to narrow it down..one person on here who will have the answer is @dante01.
    Edit, just seen that you did the autocal setup [emoji106]

4. Matson

Matson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,411
    Yeah mate I did the full auto cal on the receiver. Everything is setup as it should with front dolby speakers activated.
    All the right discs inserted. I tried all my atmos and DTS X discs and none would play Atmos even when manually selecting atmos on the disc.

Some of the discs boot up like I.T and when I play the atmos track show trueHD and the atmos speakers arn't active. Nothing is coming from them. Other discs don't even load up as I get that error message on the screen saying my receiver cant decode the audio.

5. Matson

Matson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,411
    So I got the sony 4k blu ray player today... tested it out and atmos and DTS x work.. all the speakers work correctly.

I also had it plugged into the front port on my denon 2200w receiver....So what I did was test it in the same one the xbox was plugged into on the back and the sony wouldn't work with atmos.

I then tested the xbox in the same front port and low and behold it works.

I have no idea why when all ports on this denon are supposed to be the same....can anybody explain this lol but switching it to the AUX1 port on the front of the receiver has worked.

6. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,180
    I can only guess it's some kind of HDMI configuration mode issue specific to the receiver. The online manual doesn't really say what it could be but the HDMI sections governing pass-through is were I'd start looking.

Was it plugged into the Blu-ray labelled input at the back or one of the others ?

Alternatively it's a bug, if the devices firmware up to date, I assume it has a built in internet update on it.

7. petekv32

petekv32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    On my older Denon I had to manually assign input parameters in the setup for each input. No idea on yours but worth a look.
    The Blu-ray app on xBox uses a diff core audio than any app or game I believe.

8. scotish69UK

scotish69UK
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you ever get any resolution on this? I’m having the same issue with my Marantz amp and Xbox. Blade runner final cut plays in truehd but no Atmos. Some other Atmos discs play fine though! Also how can you select Between the different audio tracks in the blumray app as I can only see the button to switch languages and commentary?

9. Pugs1

Pugs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Some UHD titles have True HD as default, you have to specifically choose ATMOS in the menu

10. scotish69UK

scotish69UK
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you say “the menu” are we talking the Xbox Blu-ray app menu, the amp menu, or the disc menu? I’ve looked in the app and only found language settings (no mix settings) the discs likewise, the amp had the Atmos setting but only for the latest blade runner disc none of my others.

11. Pugs1

Pugs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    The disc menu, where you choose the audio options

12. Argentofan

Argentofan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Flipping hell - this is happening to me. Did anybody resolve the original posters problem? Denon 2400H here btw...

13. Dead Stig

Dead Stig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    My Denon x1400 was working fine and then it started having the same problem. The solution for me was simple though, I just pressed quick select 4 on the remote and it allowed me chose atmos. I can confirm that this worked and the atmos track is now playing. Strange....