Xbox One X and BTTV not friends?

Discussion in 'TV & Multimedia via Xbox One' started by modehead, Dec 26, 2018.

1. modehead

modehead
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a BTTV 4K box.
    An Xbox 1
    An Xbox 1X

Xbox1X is going in in place of XB1 after buying it for my son for Xmas.
    Plugged everything in, copied games over etc, all good.

As soon as I power on the XB1X, the signal on my BTTV 4K box disappears and I get a VERY distorted image and sound.

Power off the XB1X and all returns to normal.

Ive tried every HDMI lead I have in every port on the TV, tried feeding the BTTV box thru the XB1X, tried moving the XB1X away from the TV and BT box....basically tried everything and nothing works.

I'm absolutely beside myself with the stress of having everything working well, but just cant seem to manage it.

I saw mention somewhere else of using an adjustable signal attenuator on the BT box (I have 100% signal quality and strength) to drop the signal coming into the box? Would that work? Where would I install the attenuator?
    Tried a few things tonight. No joy still. BTTV working lovely when Xbox off, as soon as power is fed to Xbox, the signal strength for 'freeview' SD channels eg 1,2,3,4,5,6 is 100%, while the signal quality drops to approx 30%
    The signal quality and strength completely drop to 0% for HD versions of same channel 101,102,103 etc.
    I'm flummoxed!

Please help
    HELP!!

2. modehead

modehead
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

A little addendum to this.
    Picking up attenuator tomorrow.
    Tonight I have plugged in the newer BTTV box upstairs in my sons room. It exhibited exactly the same issue, from the other side of the house with the XB1 plugged in and powered on. Turn Xbox off, problem goes away. Now I'm REALLY confused!

I also took my OLD BTTV HD box downstairs and it works perfectly.

BT are sending me a new 4K UHD box to try