XBox One through DVI?

Saldawop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have just ordered a One. Then I remembered my gaming TV only has Component,PC and DVI inputs.
Does anybody know if its possible to use a HDMI>DVI lead with the One?
Got sound covered as I will use the Optical Out.

Yes you can use a HDMI to DVI cable as you've got audio covered.

You may need to adjust the colour space levels in the xbox to suit your display.

Yes I brought mine into work last week and used an hdmi to dvi convertor to connect it to a 23" 1080p Fujitsu monitor but it only ran at 640x480 screen res. I didn't mess about with the settings to be fair so it prob could do a higher res than this.

Thanks, if I use the HDMI pass through wit
Yes I brought mine into work last week and used an hdmi to dvi convertor to connect it to a 23" 1080p Fujitsu monitor but it only ran at 640x480 screen res. I didn't mess about with the settings to be fair so it prob could do a higher res than this.

Well I hope so. Currently using it with my 360 and I get 1360x768

I know you're going to use a converter cable but for what it's worth my tv has 2 hdmi ports. One is labelled hdmi (dvi) and doesn't carry audio. I get 1080p through it from pc, ps4 and xb1 when used in it.

I tested DVI input on mine, 1080p no problems.

Another question. Using the above setup will I be able to use the HDMI pass through to connect my 360 AND get sound through the same optical lead or do I need to use a seperate input?

Another question. Using the above setup will I be able to use the HDMI pass through to connect my 360 AND get sound through the same optical lead or do I need to use a seperate input?

Yes that will work as the xbox one will provide all sound through your preferred optical feed.

Unless I am doing something wrong, this does not seem to be the case. Am getting no sound when I switch to the 360

Yes that will work as the xbox one will provide all sound through your preferred optical feed.
I don't think so Hitman. If only using optical for sound, he'll need an optical lead from both the 360 and X1 to the amp. I don't think sound with go from the 360 to the X1 over the HMDI AND then go to the amp via optical.

Well that is very strange, how do people get on who patch the TV signal (sat etc..) through the Xbox, when they don't use HDMI audio?

Have not heard anyone having to run 2 separate audio feeds for xbox and sat but maybe because there on hdmi audio?

Well that is very strange, how do people get on who patch the TV signal (sat etc..) through the Xbox, when they don't use HDMI audio?
With difficulty.

Have not heard anyone having to run 2 separate audio feeds for xbox and sat but maybe because there on hdmi audio?
And those of us that are using separate cables haven't said anything.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom