Xbox one sells 1 million in less than 24 hours

Se777eN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Xbox One is Biggest Launch in Xbox History: More Than One Million Consoles Sold in less than 24 hours

Following a worldwide celebration, Xbox One launched in 13 markets on Nov. 22 togreat fanfare. The team is excited toconfirm the launch of Xbox One was thebiggest launch in Xbox history, with more

than one million consoles sold through worldwide in less than 24 hours – surpassing day one Xbox 360 sales and setting a new record for Microsoft. Xbox One is now sold out at most retailers...

Following a worldwide celebration, Xbox One launched in 13 markets on Nov. 22 to great fanfare. The team is excited to confirm the launch of Xbox One was the biggest launch in Xbox history, with more than one million consoles sold through worldwide in less than 24 hours – surpassing day one Xbox 360 sales and setting a new record for Microsoft.

Xbox One is now sold out at most retailers. We are working to replenish stock as fast as possible to meet the unprecedented demand from our customers.

Gamers couldn’t wait to play Xbox One and check out new games like “Forza Motorsport 5,” “Dead Rising 3,” and “Killer Instinct.” In the last 24 hours:
  • Over 60 million zombies have been killed in “Dead Rising 3”
  • Over 3.6 million miles driven in “Forza Motorsport 5"
  • Over 7.1 million combos in “Killer Instinct”
  • Over 8.5 million enemies defeated in “Ryse: Son of Rome”
And, fans also found time for some exercise, with over 43.3 million Fit Points earned in Xbox Fitness.
“We are humbled and grateful for the excitement of Xbox fans around the world,” said Yusuf Mehdi, Corporate Vice President of Marketing and Strategy, Xbox. “Seeing thousands of excited fans lined up to get their Xbox One and their love for gaming was truly a special moment for everyone on the Xbox team. We are working hard to create more Xbox One consoles and look forward to fulfilling holiday gift wishes this season.”
The launch of Xbox One unleashed a new era of games and entertainment. Xbox One brings the best games, live TV, Skype, sports, fitness, music and more to one system at the center of the living room, all available at the command of your voice. There are 22 game titles for Xbox One available today, including 10 exclusive titles.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/11/xbox-one-biggest-launch-in-xbox-history

Pretty much as expected, due to it launching in US and Europe at the same time. Don't forget, the US is microsofts back yard.

so that's the world-wide sales correct?
I can't see link at the mo (phone crashes), what are just the American sales to compare vs the American-only PS4 sales?

I'm sure i read somewhere that the ps4 sold about a million in the US in about 3 days. I could be totally wrong though.

I'm sure i read somewhere that the ps4 sold about a million in the US in about 3 days. I could be totally wrong though.
They sold over a million in 1 day in US

it's been eight years, pretty much everyone wants an update to their console, so it's an easy sell really. but good news for gamers, shows faith in the industry. I just hope MS don't blow it with outrageous DD prices, targeted advertising and other shenanigans.

Now's the happy time, we can just enjoy our consoles and games, there's still anticipation of the next wave of games :thumbsup:

The XB1 has launched in 13 countries simultaneously, but that's not a world-wide launch. Selling over 1m is all these countries combined is expected, and pretty good. The PS4 selling 1m in the US alone in 24 hours was unprecedented. Both MS and Sony won't launch in Japan until 2014, but this is Sony's home turf and MS have always struggled there. Expect the PS4 the massively outsell the XB1 in the far east.

While MS have packed a lot of features into the XB1 (their 'entertainment hub'), I think a lot of these will go unused. Traditional games console buyers are pretty much in it just for the games. Occasional players will use smartphones/tablets nowadays or probably have a Wii under the TV that get's switched on once a year or so, and Sony want the gaming market. I'm not saying the MS plan will backfire, but your average 12-18 year olds want the games, and nothing more.

The XB1 has launched in 13 countries simultaneously, but that's not a world-wide launch. Selling over 1m is all these countries combined is expected, and pretty good. The PS4 selling 1m in the US alone in 24 hours was unprecedented.

Sales on day one for this generation are really only reflective of how many consoles were available for sale, rather than the number of launch countries, as I'm guessing that both Sony and Microsoft could have both sold several times that if they had manufactured enough.

It will be interesting to see how things pan out over the next 12-24 months. The PS4 exclusives have so far been pretty woeful and I'm not sure your average console gamer is that bothered about screen resolutions, while the Xbox One is pretty pricey, even with the Kinect.

It's an impressive number for both consoles when you look at launches of the 360 and PS3.

As above the number sold really reflects the number produced and seemingly for all the talk of yields and nonsense like that both Sony and MS have come to their respective launch days with roughly the same number and managed to sell them all.

Now of course Sony have a nice 2 week gap to boost stocks in Europe etc.

But essentially given how people were predicting the X1 to flop then over 1M in one day is a fairly damning indictment of those predictions.

I noticed a lot of people on GAF predicting sales of 500K for X1 in first week.

They're sounding a bit gutted at today's news.

Ah well as I've said all along both next gen consoles will sell absolute bucket loads because people are ready for new and shiny games machines.

It's a great time to be a gamer.

People on GAF are retarded if they thought XB1 would have only sold 500k in launch week.

Tho doesn't it kind of 'yield' to the whole yield issue thing? They produced 1m for 13 territories and sold a week later than the PS4 whereas PS4 sold 1m in one day to just one continent and predictably another 1m ish 2 weeks later across a few more territories.

They said only localization was holding back shipment of XB1 to them yet they only sold 1m across 13 territories. Why not 1m in NA and then open up stock to the EU and other territories?

Methinks there were yield issues. But honestly it's not a big deal. 1m xb1 buyers across 13 territories are happy and I'm sure quite a bit more are scrambling to get themselves one asafp.

I only reference it because you mention it and I am one of the people who addressed it in the past and I stick with my convictions. Either way there is no way to prove it so if you disagree I think it's best that we agree to disagree.

Whilst Sony's US day one sales were incredible, I think Microsoft launching in 13 countries is no mean feat.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom