Xbox one s

ila66

Established Member
Reaction score
My son has an Xbox one s and is having an Xbox x for Christmas he wants fifa 23 if I get him the s/x version will this work on his Xbox and the new one he’s having for Xmas . Sorry if it’s a stupid but don’t want to have to buy 2 copies.

Thanks in advance

I don't think Fifa uses Smart Delivery - (i.e. the ability to buy a single game for xbox one that will update to Xbox Series X if you upgrade). I think you have to pay extra for the Ultimate version of Fifa instead which will allow this to happen - Dual Entitlement they call it.......

With EA games, the Xbox One version will work on Xbox One and Xbox Series consoles and the Series X|S version will only work on the Xbox Series consoles.

As josefK666 said, EA haven't been generous with free upgrades (Smart Delivery) from Xbox One to Series versions of their games.

Other than a visual upgrade and maybe frame rate, I'm not sure EA do much else with their Series versions of their sports titles, so you might not be missing out on much by getting the Xbox One version he'll be able to play now. I don't play EA Sports games though, so don't have first-hand experience of their differences.

There are definite graphical differences between the One and Series versions in the past. Not sure about the 2023 (aka the final) version of FIFA.

As long as it's a Series X he's getting (the Series S having no optical drive)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom