Xbox one S HDR Problem via receiver

Reaction score
I seem to have problems playing HDR games via the Amp. Ordinary non HDR games are ok.
Thought this forum would also help...

My kit
LG OLED B7
Pioneer Lx59
Xbox one s

Can’t play hdr games if ultra the LG Deep colour is tuned on, but it does work if the Xbox is NOT connected to the back of the pioneer?
If I plug the Xbox direct into the tv, all is perfect.

I can play HDR 4K movies fine on the Xbox one s with deep colour turned on and connected to the Pionner receiver but not HDR games? Everything is green too on the Xbox
Any ideas as it’s driving me mad.

I've tried Hdmi 1 and 2 but not three.
Tried different Hdmi leads, but the different leads still work with HDR movies still.
Basically when Deep colour is switch ON the HDR games don't have a VIDEO signal, but I can still here the sound. Games only get the signal when NOT passing through the AMP

The only thing I don’t have is the original Xbox one s HDMI cable? Not sure if that makes a difference?

Edit.
One thing that I’ve not tried is connecting the Xbox to the HDMI cable that goes from the tv to the amp?
Maybe that’s a possible problem?

Last edited:
Update.
Well I’ve tried to be detective.
I decided too try plugging the Xbox directly into the tv using the HDMI cable that goes from the Pioneer to the Tv.
Turns out that this might be the problem. Tried the hdr game and turned on Deep colour switch. Alas the game does not work. Question is what HDMI cable do I get?

What cable should I get for the Xbox one s so I can play hdr games?

Any certified, premium high speed cable should work, but I'm having issues with a 6m certified premium high speed cable (manufactured by Goobay) when using 3840p60 (3840p24 with HDR works). The previous high speed cable didn't work with 3840p24 unless I disabled HDR. The longest Tera Grand is 4.5m (i.e. too short for me). How long is your cable?

Any certified, premium high speed cable should work, but I'm having issues with a 6m certified premium high speed cable (manufactured by Goobay) when using 3840p60 (3840p24 with HDR works). The previous high speed cable didn't work with 3840p24 unless I disabled HDR. The longest Tera Grand is 4.5m (i.e. too short for me). How long is your cable?

My cable is 5m.
Does length make a difference?
I'm currently looking at this one in Maplins uk
Maplin Flat HDMI Cable 5m | maplin
Is this Ok?

Managed to solve everything with the new Maplin HDMI cable.
Also discovered that the original cable that I was using was 2 cables joined together with a HDMI connector. Didn’t notice this because it was hidden in the wall. Maybe contributed to the problem

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom