Xbox one s and JBL bar 9.1 issues ??

darkknightstu68

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi ,

Not sure if this has been covered so apologies if it has.

I have connected my Xbox one to the JBL bar 9.1 using pass-through to hopefully get full fat atmos from my 4k disks ,problem I’m getting is the tv (LG oled) never finds the Xbox now and I have to press the HDMI button on the JBL remote every time I want to use the xbox .All other boxes ie Nvidia shield ,freeview box etc work fine and the tv needs no prompting to work with them .If I disconnect the Xbox from the sound bar and plug straight into the tv its fine?

Thanks in advance.

Xbox does not support HDMI-CEC (at least in the past, unsure if things have changed).

LG WebOS uses HDMI-CEC to identify devices connected to the soundbar and display them in its GUI so you can select devices without using the soundbars own remote.

If Xbox still does not support HDMI-CEC then your kind of stuck using the JBL remote.

Might need to get a separate BD disc player for the JBL and leave the console direct to the TV.

Xbox does not support HDMI-CEC (at least in the past, unsure if things have changed).

LG WebOS uses HDMI-CEC to identify devices connected to the soundbar and display them in its GUI so you can select devices without using the soundbars own remote.

If Xbox still does not support HDMI-CEC then your kind of stuck using the JBL remote.

Might need to get a separate BD disc player for the JBL and leave the console direct to the TV.
Thanks ill have to check this out to see if it is CEC or not ,thought mine was but maybe not.

New Xboxes do support HDMI CEC

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom