Xbox one - q&a

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can't yet....

That's weird. They seem to have blocked off a lot of options haven't they?

I mean I can't find a way to play music and play a game at the same time without using the snap feature.

Have they said they'll introduce new capabilities in time, such as being able to see how much space you've used on your hard drive? That seems incredibly basic.

they've rushed the console out imo to get a hold before ps4 comes out, most of the stuff will come by software updates i should imagine

A lot of the stuff should of been there by default even if they rushed it, they should of taken the 360 system but improved upon it, not lose features

Is anyone else getting an issue with Skype whereby it is leaving you 'Online' / 'Signed in' despite you powering down the console? It's rather annoying because I'm getting people asking me in the evenings when I am actually on Skype why I am not replying to them at other times of the day.

You can't just take an old system designed for different architecture and improve it. Yes there are things which are annoyingly left out but there are also things which have been greatly improved, it's already a better experience than the 360 IMO. The little annoyances will be ironed out, so it's just a case of waiting.

so if i am mid game in battlefield or fifa and i want to just have a quick look to see which friends are online, i either have to talk to kinect (which doesn't seem to work perfectly every time, normally takes 3 or 4 attempts i have found), or i need to dashboard it, go into the friends app, click on "online friends" have a look there, then go back to the dashboard and back into my game?

what an arse about face way of doing things.

You could go back to the dash, click the snap tile next to the main window then select friends from there. Essentially snapping friends without using voice.

The problem I'm having is finding the profiles of who I'm playing against or who I've played against. Sometimes I want to mute them but can't find them. Also how are you meant to leave feedback if you can't find the profiles of your opponents? Or send them messages/invites? Are we supposed to remember their names then search them out?

Reading this thread is really interesting. I'm pretty sure i'll buy an xbox one at some point, but this thread has definitely convinced me to wait it out a bit. I usually like being an early adopter but it does seem like the xbox needs a fair few updates to go from potentially excellent to excellent. Maybe in six months time or so - although I must say there is something nice about owning something from the start and seeing it develop....

Reading this thread is really interesting. I'm pretty sure i'll buy an xbox one at some point, but this thread has definitely convinced me to wait it out a bit. I usually like being an early adopter but it does seem like the xbox needs a fair few updates to go from potentially excellent to excellent. Maybe in six months time or so - although I must say there is something nice about owning something from the start and seeing it develop....

Don't let a few missing features let you miss playing local and online games with dedicated servers.
Im sure the PS4 forum will have similar threads and issues, but again the PS4 has less features overall??

You can't just take an old system designed for different architecture and improve it.

Why not? i not saying they should port over the OS code to X1.

Im talking about little touches that should have been kept.

Don't let a few missing features let you miss playing local and online games with dedicated servers.
Im sure the PS4 forum will have similar threads and issues, but again the PS4 has less features overall??
Did I miss the part in his post about the PS4?

Did I miss the part in his post about the PS4?

No, i added that myself, i'm a grown up, but im not always correct.

What i was trying to say both consoles will have good and bad points, no point worrying, some things may improve in 6 months time, so enjoy them now.

No, i added that myself, i'm a grown up, but im not always correct.

What i was trying to say both consoles will have good and bad points, no point worrying, some things may improve in 6 months time, so enjoy them now.
Ahh. Yah. Some people don't want to subscribe early when the consoles are both very much in an "in progress" state. So it's best for people like that to wait so they don't feel like they got the shaft by adopting early.

That's why I think comparisons in any form right now are pointless because I honestly believe that in a year or two the differences between them will be insignificant and only certain nuances will be prevalent and we'll be buying the consoles for the exclusives and experiences they offer. A couple features will never be offered on the other console which is why I reference "experiences"...

XB1 will add in Streaming and other stuff, PS4 will add in multitasking like the snap feature (speculation) and other various perks to owning the XB1/PS4. So those of us who buy it now are very much buying half the console it will become. If people want to wait for that then good on them, it should drop price by then anyways. I just know I didn't want to wait. Just a shame I have to wait for the XB1 now cuz of the price.

How can they keep touches if they started from scratch? IMHO, all comparisons to the mature 360 dashboard should be forgotten. They had a list of features to add, they got as far as they got at launch. The rest will come over the weeks and months.

How can they keep touches if they started from scratch?

Erm let me guess….you can start from scratch but still keep things from the original that worked well.

Good job they remembered what their previous controller looked like when they started from scratch on the X1 controller design

btw

How do i check my battery status on my X1 controller?
oh yeah they were to busy to worry about the small things. Imagine if that was left off your iPhone's :D

[and yes i do have a charge and play unit coming]

It's not as easy as porting the code, that's why the old games don't work.

Is the on/off button a proper button or a touch one similar to the 360?

I ask because our new puppy thinks it is highly hilarious to switch my xbox off and on with his nose (he likes the sound) snd he usually does it when I am having one of my rare good games on COD.

Is the on/off button a proper button or a touch one similar to the 360?

I ask because our new puppy thinks it is highly hilarious to switch my xbox off and on with his nose (he likes the sound) snd he usually does it when I am having one of my rare good games on COD.

The X1's power button is touch sensitive, similar to the 360 S but not clicky like the original 360, and my bitch has already turned it off with her nose during a BF4 session. Thankfully she doesn't pay too much attention to it when the unit's door is open.

Can the Xbox1 turn other devices off ie Sky box etc when your using it just for gaming like my Harmony remote does on the 360?

My Zoo Tycoon boots up, I get the intro logos the the screen goes black and a white light on the linear comes on but goes no further. Any ideas?

Any way to delete the content and install again?

My Zoo Tycoon boots up, I get the intro logos the the screen goes black and a white light on the linear comes on but goes no further. Any ideas?

Any way to delete the content and install again?
If you go into My Games and Apps and press the Menu button (small one with the three horizontal lines), it brings up the option to delete data.

How do i check my battery status on my X1 controller?

[and yes i do have a charge and play unit coming]

I think you just have to wait until they die like mine did during a game of ultimate team and I didn't have any spares!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom