Xbox one - q&a

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you've got a 360 account can you transfer onto the one and change your gamertag free of charge?

Your Gold sub can be used on both the 360 and X1 at the same time according to Microsoft.

Not being allowed at least one free Gamertag change is really annoying, especially after all the money long time members have paid into the service and as this is offered to users that choose a Live generated one.

If you download a game and install it to your drive you can play it no problem
But if you Instal a disc fully...you still need the disc to play the game ...

Isn't that a bit daft?

The first u-turn Microsoft made after they didn't sell their vision very well, causing internet uproar.

Yeah its funny reading posts recently and people wanting that feature and saying well why dont they do that.....
Umm MS Tried to do that but people took to the internet to vent their frustation that they would have to connect to the internet......what the internet that your arguing on

And the internet you'll use to install the mandatory day one console update.

What are the prices for ghosts, battlefield 4 and assassins creed please?

£54.99

Some prices are in the first post.
May be an idea for people to have a read through before asking questions so Indy can easily respond :)

I was going with it being from Game, due to the day 1 car pack

Are you talking about the same 'day 1 car pack' that all the other retailers were selling and we're quickly sold out? Lol

Ahhh but they also have the letter of the button when that happens

Think I saw it ;)

That was the old build which caused all the qte fury about the game at e3. Those prompts were removed and replaced with the coloured outline.

Are you talking about the same 'day 1 car pack' that all the other retailers were selling and we're quickly sold out? Lol

Ok maybe I got mixed up, whats the difference between the day one edition of forza and the day one pack ?

@indy88 mate I have a Linux sat receiver so if you manage to hook it up let me know how you get on.
Going to test my vu+duo on friday

COD Ghosts - Comes up as £9.99 for those who purchased Digital version on Xbox 360
Even though the agreement when we bought the 360 version was $9.99. It it was more than a couple of pounds difference I'd take it up with them :)

forza is pretty fun, the haptic feedback on the controllers triggers are extremely underrated, really adds a whole new depth to gameplay.
I was surprised the early Forza reviews didn't have more to say about the trigger feedback - if implemented well it should be brilliant. You should feel tyre grip as you lockup under breaking, or accelerate too fast etc. Glad to hear you like them.

Forza is taking a while to download but you can start playing it once download reaches 15%.
Wow, that's handy, otherwise I'd be waiting a day before I could start. I never imagined it would be as low as 15%.

The kinect is very accurate at picking up voice, having no issues and not really altering the way I speak
That's great news - the reviewers were having plenty of issues with it. Maybe they should learn English ;)

only thing is you have to remember commands exactly e.g I keep saying 'Xbox home' when it needs to be 'Xbox go to home'
I don't like how long some of the commands are - eg, 'Xbox play Ryse' would be a lot nicer than 'Xbox play Ryse Son of Rome'. I presume 'Xbox play Forza' isn't good enough either?

Last edited:
I've only seen demos of 'dash to game', 'game to dash', 'game to skype', 'game to tv' and 'tv to game'.

Can you go game to game direct? i.e. Forza to BF4 or do you have to go to the dash?

Enjoy it mate.
Even though the agreement when we bought the 360 version was $9.99. It it was more than a couple of pounds difference I'd take it up with them :)

I was surprised the early Forza reviews didn't have more to say about the trigger feedback - if implemented well it should be brilliant. You should feel tyre grip as you lockup under breaking, or accelerate too fast etc. Glad to hear you like them.

Wow, that's handy, otherwise I'd be waiting a day before I could start. I never imagined it would be as low as 15%.

That's great news - the reviewers were having plenty of issues with it. Maybe they should learn English ;)

I don't like how long some of the commands are - eg, 'Xbox play Ryse' would be a lot nicer than 'Xbox play Ryse Son of Rome'. I presume 'Xbox play Forza' isn't good enough either?

Cant expect everything at launch the pins are there on the dashboard

The easiest way is to say 'xbox select' then look at the green text and say it

I assume this is a deliberate decision as you could easily say 'Xbox playing Forza' as part of a conversation with someone, which may trigger an event on the machine. Using the full title reduces the risk of accidental game changes?

That is strange with all the data they have gathered from Kinect 1 and all the speech algorithm work they are supposedly constantly working on.

For example, with Halo Reach in the 360 drive it loads when I say 'Xbox, play Halo' and 'Xbox, play disc'.

With Kinect a pause after 'Xbox,' is better, before saying the rest of the command

I assume this is a deliberate decision as you could easily say 'Xbox playing Forza' as part of a conversation with someone
It's supposed to be a feature, it's supposed to be fast and snappy.

With 'Xbox off', I agree with you - we might say 'don't forget to turn the Xbox off - oh ****', so 'Xbox turn off' is good. But 'Xbox play Forza' should be enough - if there's a rare occasion when a game starts up prematurely, I'll take that over having to say 'Xbox play Forza Motorsport 5' every single time.

With 'Xbox off', I agree with you - we might say 'don't forget to turn the Xbox off - oh ****', so 'Xbox turn off' is good. But 'Xbox play Forza' should be enough - if there's a rare occasion when a game starts up prematurely, I'll take that over having to say 'Xbox play Forza Motorsport 5' every single time.

I guess if there is enough feedback from customers that they would like this then it's easily changed. I suppose the only problem then comes when for you have Forza 5, 6 and 7 on the same machine (for example)

Edit: ^ damn ninjas

I would guess its so the xbox knows what to load. If you have Forza 5, 6 & 7 installed and just said xbox play Forza it wouldn't know what you wanted.

8. Controller - Very pleased with the improved tactile feedback, ridges around thumbsticks and the improved d-pad (play alot of fighting games).
The shoulder bumpers however dont have as much depth compared to 360 controller though and feels a bit more stiff - maybe with increased play this may soften.

Thanks for clearing all that up, I've just watched a weekly video game show on tv and the woman said the controller was good apart from the shoulder buttons.

Is your thought on them that they are just different or is it a case of, these aren't good, why didnt they just keep them as they were?

Thanks again

I guess if there is enough feedback from customers that they would like this then it's easily changed.
That would be great. I don't really want to be chatting to my Xbox, I'm only going to do it if it is short and sweet.
I suppose the only problem then comes when for you have Forza 5, 6 and 7 on the same machine (for example)
We can do that without including the word 'Motorsport' (I think the hardware reviews said we needed to include that). Same with Ryse - just Ryse would do for now - if a new one is released, add a bit more to that one.

Yeah that's if you viewed the call of duty faq's page with the US region selected, UK price has always been shown as £9.99

@indy88 Did you buy Ghosts on the 360 from games on demand , do you still have access to this or have you not upgraded yet?

I want to know if i'm going to lose access to the 360 version, i've bought ghosts and season pass on 360 aswell as the BF4 season pass.

This thread is great and all and the console looks great but I kinda don't want to ask anything as I'd like to find it all out for myself when I get it, waited long enough, a few days more won't hurt.
Dunno that's just me lol

Yea frustrating
In the video he had to say "xbox play forza Motorsport 5"

I wonder if the game maker has to include a voice sample of their game for the X1 to recognise it.
Maybe they are limited to one sample?

A custom launcher would be better where you can say whatever command you like and it launches the game/app assigned to it. Should help with language issues too

Maybe we're not looking ahead properly.

If you've got Fifa 2014, 2015, Forza 5, 6 etc in years to come you don't want it starting up the wrong game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom