Xbox one - q&a

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
I think you just have to wait until they die like mine did during a game of ultimate team and I didn't have any spares!!!!

I know the X1 doesn't have a battery indicator anywhere on the dash at present, but I did expect the controller to let you know it's low somehow, like the 360 ones do.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
I think you just have to wait until they die like mine did during a game of ultimate team and I didn't have any spares!!!!

Bet that was not fun for you.

I received my Orb dual controller charge & play battery pack today, so no more looking for spares

bubs999

I've set mine up with my virgin tivo plugged in and have a few questions. I've gone through the TV setup and it successfully muted the TV, but saying Xbox off doesn't turn off the TV. I also don't know how to turn the amp off with it.

The other issue is the wife isn't keen on having everything through the Xbox, so can I split the HDMI signal? Send it from the Tivo to the Xbox and also to the TV? I can then use the features when I'm there, but the wife can watch as normal when I'm not

Dan684

My pad has stopped vibrating both the pad and the triggers . Anyone know how I can fix this?

PA77ULY

Banned
It's working again it was the batteries I only put them in 2 days ago I think I might be playing a bit too much
I have wondered how much more juice the One controller uses over the 360. Did you use the supplied Duracell batteries and if so, roughly how many hours did you get?

Dan684

The first set of batteries ran out the day after I got the console not sure how many hours but I hammered it on the Friday from dinner time and all day Saturday

Pugs1

Does it support 7.1 via HDMI?

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Anyone know anything about the Party messages ?
Was giving BF4 & COD a go last night for MP and everytime I joined MP it said do you want to take your party into this game or change games....I had not even started a Party ?
Had a look in settings and could not see anything.

Also how do you do something while its searching for a game, is it just snap or can you go back to home and do what you want and then switch to the MP game ?

iwb100

Distinguished Member
Anyone know anything about the Party messages ?
Was giving BF4 & COD a go last night for MP and everytime I joined MP it said do you want to take your party into this game or change games....I had not even started a Party ?
Had a look in settings and could not see anything.

Also how do you do something while its searching for a game, is it just snap or can you go back to home and do what you want and then switch to the MP game ?
COD gives me that message too! I just select change games.

As far as I know you can go back to home whilst it is finding you a match. If you have time, COD finds matches hella fast for me! I'm usualy playing in 5 seconds.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
COD gives me that message too! I just select change games.

As far as I know you can go back to home whilst it is finding you a match. If you have time, COD finds matches hella fast for me! I'm usualy playing in 5 seconds.

But does that mean you get put into a party straight away ?
I just didnt understand the message as it was just me ??

Console is confusing me at the moment.

OldSwitcheroo

Useful video on friends v followers if you didn't already know.

My guess is that followers may not appear in game such as powerstar golf, so be sure to follow them back to 'friend' them...

Or not.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Anyone know if the PSU and Cable will work from a Xbox Slim ?
I can easily swtch between lounge and gaming room then if possible.

Dieselxx

ImageUploadedByAVForums1385733156.880116.jpg

This pic was taken with an iphone, of my TV showing a film in 8K through my Xbox one

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T/9x Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Freeview Play viewers get Android TV homescreen update
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Hisense announces US TV and soundbar ranges for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 5th May 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AVForums Movies Podcast: 4th May 2021