XBox One more popular than PS4 on Amazon.co.uk

hodg100

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
What backlash?

With E3 literally staring us in the face and despite not having an official release date, fans of the rival systems are rushing to preorder forthcoming new consoles at Amazon, with the two devices currently sitting in first and second place in the PC and Video Games chart. The Xbox One is currently just edging out the PlayStation 4 with 2.3% higher sales, which is interesting given the apparent poor reception the XBox One has had on the internets, post reveal.

Customers have been rushing to ensure they will have their hands on one of the highly-anticipated next-generation machines as soon as they hit Amazon’s virtual shelves. Excitement for the Xbox One appears to be even greater than that for the Xbox 360 eight years ago, with preorders for the new console 20% higher than they were for Microsoft’s last-generation device.

attachment.php

Commenting on the preorders, Xavier Garambois, VP of Retail at Amazon EU, said: “It’s not clear yet which of the two will have the edge when they launch later this year – what’s certain, though, is that fans are already excited about how the next generation of consoles will change the world of gaming and home entertainment.”

Ketu Patel, Head of Video Games at Amazon.co.uk Ltd said: “Both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are set to have a huge impact, not just in terms of cutting edge games but also as part of the way in which families enjoy home entertainment. It will be fascinating to see how the battle between the two console giants develops over the coming months – the fight for who’s going to be the must-have Christmas present is only just beginning. ”

Let's see how the land lies after their E3 events.

Attachments

• xb1controller.jpg
    xb1controller.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,676
Personally, I pre-ordered the PS4 from Game back in March. Although Amazon have good returns etc, it's nice to know I can just walk along to my nearest Game shop if anything arose.. After all, with all the issues regarding PS3/360... Who would get it from an online retailer on release? I Just edged on the side of caution with this one.

I think a lot of people are holding back to see what comes of the PS4 at E3, when it does, I wouldn't bat an eyelid if the PS4 were to outsell the One in both the first week of sales and pre-orders, as Microsoft have essentially let all of their goodies of the bag, although I hope E3 can prove me wrong. If not I'm far more interested in what Sony can bring to the table. I have owned all previous consoles of both manufacturers, but I do prefer the Playstation, let's hope my gut instinct on the pre-order doesn't let me down.

All the hype around DRM will be fascinating, as I believe this will be one of the key factors as to which console sells more, and more importantly takes control of the market. There's a whole array of people who play the game, complete it, and then sell it back on for a minimum overall outlay... if this is rendered useless, or even tampered with, that's a risky strategy by either company. Sony have mentioned a couple of times regarding DRM, and that sounds promising, but we will just have to hold tight for another day until all is hopefully revealed.

Well that much is certainly true, However I was under the impression they had been taken over? :eek:

Indeed it has and I don't have any evidence regarding its current profitability, but it's certainly within the realms of speculation to think that it might not make it through the next 2 or so years, what with growing use of online shops and downloads for software. I've preordered a PS4 too, but I went with Amazon instead of game for the first time because I really couldn't imagine them disappearing. Of course my decision was influenced by the fact that our local Game was one of the ones to close!

Well, there it is. Expect the PS4 to flourish. £80 cheaper, faster memory... Not totally sure on used games just as yet, but if it's the same as ps3.. win win. Never having to be online is not really a bonus... That's just normal. Microsoft have messed this one right up.

Expect a surge of orders for the PS4 :)

Currently:

1: Playstation 4
2: The Last of Us
3: Xbox One

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom