xbox one live connection much worse than 360

SILVERBACK

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just got an xbox one for my birthday (love my fiance lol) and after the intial "every game needs updating" pain in the butt i got round to playing a game.now i only have F1 2015 and the crew,but the crew is a horrendous game to stay connected to and i havent had any real problems apaprt from a strict NAT on the 360,but this bloosy xbox one is driving me up the wall.rarely connects to any servers on "the crew" and my packet loss is a 100% on this console.

Just got an xbox one for my birthday (love my fiance lol) and after the intial "every game needs updating" pain in the butt i got round to playing a game.now i only have F1 2015 and the crew,but the crew is a horrendous game to stay connected to and i havent had any real problems apaprt from a strict NAT on the 360,but this bloosy xbox one is driving me up the wall.rarely connects to any servers on "the crew" and my packet loss is a 100% on this console.

Do you have open NAT type on the Xbox One?

it was open originally,but my it was still clunky connecting to the ubisoft servers,then it went to strict so i setup a DMZ for the xbox one and it has been reasonable.i dont know whether its the servers for the crew or my connection.i am just installing advanced warfare now so i shall see how it goes with that online.i absolutely hated the ps3 forced installs,but these xbox one installs seem to take forever.3 hours and counting to install a 6.5gb from disc to drive.blow me.

It will be installing updates and the disc which is about 40gb and any updates from the net which could be about 10gb.
You can decline the updates so it just installs the disc and does the updates later on. Disc installs should take no longer than 5-10 mins.

Worth reading the FAQ in this site if you are new to Xbox One.

It will be installing updates and the disc which is about 40gb and any updates from the net which could be about 10gb.
You can decline the updates so it just installs the disc and does the updates later on. Disc installs should take no longer than 5-10 mins.

Worth reading the FAQ in this site if you are new to Xbox One.

thats handy to know.cheers mate.

thats handy to know.cheers mate.

Tones is correct, don't do the updates or you will be waiting forever, get the game installed first, i did an update first one time and it took ages, now i decline any update until i have installed the game first.

well i have replaced my router with a new netgear one and i havent had more than 1% packet loss in 20 minutes of checks.must have been a bad router.

:)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom