XBOX ONE Install time query

SuperManPunch84

Ex Member
Reaction score
Recently purchased a xbox one with Forza Horizon 2.

Set it up and when I put in the disc for Forza, it took ages to install, it was stuck on 1% for about half an hour. Is this a common complaint in regards to the xbox one or is my xbox one faulty?

Set it up and when I put in the disc for Forza, it took ages to install, it was stuck on 1% for about half an hour. Is this a common complaint in regards to the xbox one or is my xbox one faulty?

When you put in the disc did it mention any updates ?

The XB1 has a habit of downloading any available updates first so it will look like its taking hours to install from the disc when in fact its just downloading updates.

What I do when it comes to installing a game from disc is disconnect from the net, this will then install only the disc which should be done pretty quickly then you can reconnect and it will then download any updates.

It did

It did

That will be why then, it would of been downloading that update before installing the disc. Would depend on your internet speed. You can just cancel the update or say no to it and it will just install the disc and you can let the update install later on.
Or the other option is to disconnect from the Net and install the disc.

The Xbox One will look for updates before installing the disc to any games you try to install.
If it was Digital then the update would be installed as part of the download.

Hope that helps.

The XB1 has a habit of downloading any available updates first so it will look like its taking hours to install from the disc when in fact its just downloading updates.

What I do when it comes to installing a game from disc is disconnect from the net, this will then install only the disc which should be done pretty quickly then you can reconnect and it will then download any updates.

Ah right, thank you for that

That will be why then, it would of been downloading that update before installing the disc. Would depend on your internet speed. You can just cancel the update or say no to it and it will just install the disc and you can let the update install later on.
Or the other option is to disconnect from the Net and install the disc.

The Xbox One will look for updates before installing the disc to any games you try to install.
If it was Digital then the update would be installed as part of the download.

Hope that helps.

Fair dos pal, thanks for letting me know. Going to install it offline 1st.

what's the average (if there is one) for installing just games anyway, no downloads?
i just got an X1 this week, and thought BF hardline took longer than it should to install (i don't think there was any huge download for this game yet?)

heard of slow installs, but also heard it was because of downloads first.. this took over 1/2 hour

what's the average (if there is one) for installing just games anyway, no downloads?
i just got an X1 this week, and thought BF hardline took longer than it should to install (i don't think there was any huge download for this game yet?)

heard of slow installs, but also heard it was because of downloads first.. this took over 1/2 hour

When I installed Forza without being connected online, it took about 20 minutes before letting me play it, which is reasonable. It all depends on the size of the game.

Microsoft need to address this, but saying that, Forza was definitely worth the wait.

BF Hardline has patches to download....

Like others have said it all comes down to how big the game is, some are pretty small and would fit on a DVD so only take minutes to install but then you get others which are 40Gb+ so will take the best part of an hour until they are fully installed.

"best part of an hour"
ok thanks, so it wasn't that abnormal. good to know (i now know to start installing before cooking dinner, not before eating dinner ;) )
*game is like 45 gig, but only has like 200 mb patch to download, so i was curious.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom