Xbox One has compatibility issues with UK TV signals - news discussion

Just to confirm this is an issue on my unit when paired with a Virgin Media TiVo. It's noticable in full screen TV mode and exacerbated by what seems like an even choppier framerate in snap mode, which is slow to respond.

It's a wasted opportunity at the moment.

It's really strange but I don't notice it unless it's snapped. Full screen seems fine TiVo box here.

I have had My virgin Tivo box connected to the X1 since launch and I have not seen any judder on full screen or snapped. My TV is a Pani VT20 and everything is connected to my Onkyo amp. Really weird I'm seeing no judder.

I watched the footy yesterday and the judder was shocking!! That was using my Tivo through the Xbox One.

Can one xbox distribute the hdmi feed to another over network or is it just a pass through?

Put Sky News on and watch the Ticker rolling across

slightly off topic.

On Friday and Saturday TV was fine but Sunday and today I keep loosing picture and sound from my TiVo box connected to my amp. unplugging and reconnecting hdmi from TiVo seems to fix it but not ideal.

Edit: Thinking about it, it seems to have appeared since I enabled surround sound beta. Ill test without tomorrow.

This has been my worry with the console. 'Watch TV' was how this machine was touted and on paper what it says the console can do is fantastic. However it seems us European customers aren't being treated as equals by MS. Sky are saying summer for tv integration which to be honest is at least six months away which is ridiculous. I'm godsmacked that MS didn't sort the refresh rate out before box was launched - surely someone should have thought about this? Perhaps I should move to the USA or just sell the damn thing and get a PS4. At least I can't try to use that for anything else but gaming!
Anyone heard anything from MS on the subject?

I read it somewhere - don't ask me where I cant remember - it was late last night after a long Xbox One Gaming session. One of the news sites I think

Put Sky News on and watch the Ticker rolling across
Will try that later. As for why MS haven't done anything about this they are stuck between a rock and a hard place. They could add a 50hz picture for full screen but then snap wouldn't work as the UI is 60hz. Still I haven't seen any judder at the moment the TV pictures has been fine.

Used the xbox one using a skyhd box on a few channels last night we didnt notice any juddering? Was connected at 1080p using hdm.

Maybe its not noticeable in all scenarios?

Where/when did sky say summer?

As far as this is concerned I do believe that they were referring to "Now TV".

I could be wrong but I don't think that timeframe has anything to do with the "oneguide" for instance.

I did read somewhere on this forum... ormaybe DS that there is a meeting at SKY in January regarding something related to Xbox. Again, this is all rumour but I honestly think that there may be something happening sooner than next summer.

Of course all these issues we are seeing may impact that schedule too!

On a side note, I am not really experiencing judder that I've noticed. I haven't tried SKY Sports News, so will do that tonight. I am using the 2TB SKY HD box and my Xbox is then connected directly to the TV. I have it set to output 5.1 via HDMI and then I have my optical cable from my Xbox connected to my 5.1 surround sound system. The Xbox is set to output DTS via this method and seems to produce better sound than before if I'm honest.

The main issue I can see on "some" channels is a degredation in picture quality, which is most noticeable on dark images. Watching "The Walking Dead" which had recorded of FX HD was quite bad in places and really didn't feel like HD to be honest.

By far my biggest gripe is the issue I seem to get with lip syncing on certain channels. It's not out by much... but enough to annoy!!

Again this is dependant on channel as last night I happened to have the comedy channel on which was showing friends, it looked and sounded fine?? No lip sync issues and pic quality was what I would expect from an upscaled SD content on an HD channel.

I think the biggest challenge could be that not everyone is experiencing the same issues because we all have different TV's, cables, Receivers, cable/satellite etc... how can there be a silver bullet to fix it??

I hope they can and it can be done by way of a software update!!! :lease:

As far as this is concerned I do believe that they were referring to "Now TV".

I could be wrong but I don't think that timeframe has anything to do with the "oneguide" for instance.

I did read somewhere on this forum... ormaybe DS that there is a meeting at SKY in January regarding something related to Xbox. Again, this is all rumour but I honestly think that there may be something happening sooner than next summer.

I agree with you. I read about Now Tv coming in the summer but I'm certain that has nothing to do with the one guide.

I mentioned in another thread, that I know somebody who works for sky, and sky are holding an Xbox related launch event in January for staff and certain guests. This friend knowing my interest in Xbox has got me access, so if we don't know any more about sky integration before then I will probably go. Now sky have told us we ain't getting the apps for a long time so I can't see this being for anything other than the sky/one guide integration, and I expect this refresh rate problem will likely patched in with the integration update.

I agree with you. I read about Now Tv coming in the summer but I'm certain that has nothing to do with the one guide.

I mentioned in another thread, that I know somebody who works for sky, and sky are holding an Xbox related launch event in January for staff and certain guests. This friend knowing my interest in Xbox has got me access, so if we don't know any more about sky integration before then I will probably go. Now sky have told us we ain't getting the apps for a long time so I can't see this being for anything other than the sky/one guide integration, and I expect this refresh rate problem will likely patched in with the integration update.

I'm prepared to wait it out I think as this is in my back room "man cave" type area anyway! I only watch a small amount of TV and mainly just play games anyway. We can always watch the other HD box if we can't bear it anymore!!

All the films I watch I buy off the Xbox video service (trying to build up my digital collection gradually!) so there will be no issues with these I hope?

Thanks for your info mate, I will await more news from you and other sources over the coming weeks... in the meantime I will enjoy all the nice shiny games :clap:

The main issue I can see on "some" channels is a degredation in picture quality, which is most noticeable on dark images. Watching "The Walking Dead" which had recorded of FX HD was quite bad in places and really didn't feel like HD to be honest.

I've always found The Walking Dead on FX HD to look more like SD, I've even checked whilst watching that I had recorded it in HD its been that bad.

Maybe its just me :blush:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom