Xbox one Dolby vision

According to Johnny Archer on Twitter, MS "mis spoke " reference the DV on discs and have now clammed up. Defo coming to streaming services though.

That's slightly concerning. Will carry on waiting with bated breath.

My suspicion is that somebody jumped the gun over releasing this info.

Guys how do you get Vision on the Xbox Netflix, on both my LG B7 and C8 if i use the internal app i get both Atmos and Vision, but when i open the Xbox on said TV i get ATMOS but only HDR, for some reason i cant get Netflix to click into Vision mode.... what do i need to tick do for this to work.

Its wired up with a Belkin 48GBS Vision cable and Apple TV also connected gets vision but obvioulst not Atmos yet as that's coming in IOS 12.

are you guys seeing Atmos/Vision on Netflix or just the HDR tag

thanks

DV support is still in beta, so you won’t get it yet from your Xbox.

Bad news for LG E6 owners no compatibilty for Vision on the xbox x :thumbsdow:thumbsdow:devil:

Any reason for this? Was just about to buy my first Xbox.

Any reason for this? Was just about to buy my first Xbox.
Lg E6 runs Dolby vision on 30 hertz Xbox one runs it on 60 hertz , Lg refuges to look further on it,Is it hardware limitations or just buy a newer model who will tell:mad:

Hmmm... That sucks big time. I'll write them a mail and see whats what.

Hmmm... That sucks big time. I'll write them a mail and see whats what.
I did that also, respond contact Netflix or Microsoft because we don't make such apps or hardware it was a pretty arrogant answer ... so next purchase i consider that in my decision :thumbsdow:thumbsdow

This is a very important point. Manufacturers all too often abandon the apps in TVs very quickly. If you get 2 or 3 years support you're doing well. By having streaming apps such as iPlayer, NetFlix and also Dolby Vision support available on the XBOX One, you gain *some* peace of mind regarding future support and compatibility, without having to rely on the apps built into TV.

It'll be interesting to see if Microsoft also add HLG support to the XBOX One as HDR encoded as HLG starts to gain momentum on streaming services. Sky are committed to HLG, but there's still no time table from them regarding its introduction.

Regards,

James.
Hello can you help? I am buying a XBOX ONE but do you know if is OK to play DVD UHD from ITALY? As I got few!! Thanks and Ciao

Hello can you help? I am buying a XBOX ONE but do you know if is OK to play DVD UHD from ITALY? As I got few!! Thanks and Ciao
That shouldn't be a problem at all uhd is without boundaries all over the world. so enjoy;)

There's no regional encoding on UHD Blu-rays - they are universal and will play anywhere. You don't say where you are buying your XBOX One - so I'll assume the UK. All DVD and Blu-rays will play just fine as UK and Europe are in the same Zone / Region. You'll only have problems playing DVDs and Blu-rays if you're buying the XBOX One outside of Europe.

Regards,
James.

BBC is streaming Dynasties in UHD/HLG and it looks very nice. I see HLG becoming the version of HDR. The problem with the Xbox One is that it's Dolby Vision will not work with all TVs that have Dolby Vision. My issue is if it cannot work properly, don't have it. Just go HLG and be done with it.

BBC is streaming Dynasties in UHD/HLG and it looks very nice. I see HLG becoming the version of HDR. The problem with the Xbox One is that it's Dolby Vision will not work with all TVs that have Dolby Vision. My issue is if it cannot work properly, don't have it. Just go HLG and be done with it.

HLG is a broadcast version of HDR developed by Japanese technicians alongside the BBC.

It has advantages in that an HLG signal can be decoded and displayed properly on an SDR TV.

However, it only applies "high dynamic range" to the bright elements on screen. So the darker parts of an image look identical to SDR. So it is versatile but not as good as Dolby Vision.

The issue with Dolby Vision on Xbox is simply about the DV implementation changing from 2017 TVs onwards to a software one. The hardware support in older TVs requires an update from manufacturers to work with the XB1. Whether that is possible or not nobody can say for sure.

Dolby Vision on Xbox is simply about the DV implementation changing from 2017 TVs onwards to a software one. The hardware support in older TVs requires an update from manufacturers to work with the XB1. Whether that is possible or not nobody can say for sure.

Could this be why, if I set my oppo203 to force DV my 2016 TX58DX902b can display the image?

When is Dolby Vision coming to blu-rays on Xbox ONE X?

Microsoft have made no announcements that DolbyVision is coming to the XBOX One X for UHD Blu-ray playback. It's purely speculation. However, DolbyVision is available for some streaming Apps on the XBOX One X, such NetFlix.

Regards,
James.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom