Xbox One Countdown Sale

King Tones

Outstanding Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Loads of discounts

assassin-039-s-creed-origins-1920x1080-assassins-creed-origins-4k-7754.jpg

Every year Microsoft discounts numerous games for Xbox Live users during the Countdown Sale.

The sale runs from December 22 to December 31, 2017 and features over 650 deals on Xbox One and Xbox 360 digital games with savings up to 65 percent. Xbox Live Gold members save up to 10 percent more on most digital game deals during the Countdown Sale. An additional discount of roughly 10 percent is available to Xbox Live Gold members for certain games even though the titles are on sale for everyone.

Here are all Xbox games discounted for Microsoft's Countdown Sale 2017

Picked Mass Effect Andromeda up as it's cheap enough for me to take a chance that it won't be the disappointment that I fear.

The are loads of things I might get. I might get the division and dying light never got round to picking them up first time round

Picked Mass Effect Andromeda up as it's cheap enough for me to take a chance that it won't be the disappointment that I fear.

If you've not yet booted the game and could get a refund, then EA Access would represent far more value as it's in the EA vault along with countless other games.

The are loads of things I might get. I might get the division and dying light never got round to picking them up first time round

Both great. Division I spent loads of hours in and loved it when levelling up and for a long time after, but the end game was just a bit lacking. Coop play kept it playable for a fair while. Definitely worth a sale price though and they've patched it many times since I stopped to improve it further.

As for Dying light, what a great game. It is imo one of the most underrated games around. So satisfying to play when you chain some great parkour movement with some slicing and dicing. Just a great experience. I got the Following expansion when it launched but still not played it. Need to at some point as it's also meant to be superb.

Both great. Division I spent loads of hours in and loved it when levelling up and for a long time after, but the end game was just a bit lacking. Coop play kept it playable for a fair while. Definitely worth a sale price though and they've patched it many times since I stopped to improve it further.

As for Dying light, what a great game. It is imo one of the most underrated games around. So satisfying to play when you chain some great parkour movement with some slicing and dicing. Just a great experience. I got the Following expansion when it launched but still not played it. Need to at some point as it's also meant to be superb.

The trial has put me off the division, cannot even get past the first bit killing the lead rioter. Tried loads but always get killed I get killed in like 5 bullets and I am emptying full magazines into people, there are like spamming bombs as well it's hard

Has to be the most disappointing sale in recent years for me. Admittedly there is a lot there and many of the games I was interested in but the price points are not where I was hoping them to be. For example:
  • Assassins Creed Origins - Needed to be around £25 but is £38.49 (more expensive than everywhere else for the physical version)
  • Life Is Strange Before the Storm Deluxe edition, I was expecting to come in at around £10 but its £13.99.
  • Sniper Elite 4 - Deluxe version isn't in the sale but the standard version is and comes in at £29.99. I was willing to pay £20 for the Deluxe but £30 in a sale for the Standard version is a joke.
  • Cuphead - £14.22. I would of been tempted at £10.

Maybe my expectations are too much but I'm anticipating this is going to be the way forward for MS because of their Game Pass that they're trying to push more and more. Their business model is gearing more towards Software as a Service (SaaS) but will the publishers be happy with that?

Has to be the most disappointing sale in recent years for me. Admittedly there is a lot there and many of the games I was interested in but the price points are not where I was hoping them to be. For example:
  • Assassins Creed Origins - Needed to be around £25 but is £38.49 (more expensive than everywhere else for the physical version)
  • Life Is Strange Before the Storm Deluxe edition, I was expecting to come in at around £10 but its £13.99.
  • Sniper Elite 4 - Deluxe version isn't in the sale but the standard version is and comes in at £29.99. I was willing to pay £20 for the Deluxe but £30 in a sale for the Standard version is a joke.
  • Cuphead - £14.22. I would of been tempted at £10.

Maybe my expectations are too much but I'm anticipating this is going to be the way forward for MS because of their Game Pass that they're trying to push more and more. Their business model is gearing more towards Software as a Service (SaaS) but will the publishers be happy with that?
I think your asking to much they wouldn't do assassin's creed that cheap as so for siniper elite they are relatively newish games as it is, bit even so your asking for £20 for a deluxe edition I doubt you would get that maybe standard edition in the summer for that price. It's all well and good doing software as a service but I doubt many of the big game publishers will do this and they will never allow brand new games so all games will be at least a year or 2 old like the EA sports service and I know by then most fans have already moved on.

I think your asking to much they wouldn't do assassin's creed that cheap as so for siniper elite they are relatively newish games as it is, bit even so your asking for £20 for a deluxe edition I doubt you would get that maybe standard edition in the summer for that price. It's all well and good doing software as a service but I doubt many of the big game publishers will do this and they will never allow brand new games so all games will be at least a year or 2 old like the EA sports service and I know by then most fans have already moved on.

EA Access has games added to the vault much quicker than you suggest. Sports games seem to go in 6 months after release and other AAA releases after about 8 months. Hence it's a brilliant service and infinitely better value than game pass which has nothing remotely new and predominantly 360 games and works out 6 x the price of EA access for the year.

EA Access has games added to the vault much quicker than you suggest. Sports games seem to go in 6 months after release and other AAA releases after about 8 months. Hence it's a brilliant service and infinitely better value than game pass which has nothing remotely new and predominantly 360 games and works out 6 x the price of EA access for the year.
Don't forget EA sports owns the games so it's up to them when they want to put them into the vault however since very few games Microsoft make they cannot put them in there I bet without permission and I bet most publishers won't let them

Only thing I've picked up was the Forza Horizon expansion that included Blizard Mountain and Hot Wheels. Reduced from £30 to just under £9.

I feel for the people who are ordered the fancy deluxe version of Forza Horizon 3 and still didn't have these included.

Only thing I've picked up was the Forza Horizon expansion that included Blizard Mountain and Hot Wheels. Reduced from £30 to just under £9.

I feel for the people who are ordered the fancy deluxe version of Forza Horizon 3 and still didn't have these included.
I got hot wheels with the console and want blizzard mountain but it is still like £15 or you can get the pack you mentioned with both for £9 and I cannot get myself to buy it

I got hot wheels with the console and want blizzard mountain but it is still like £15 or you can get the pack you mentioned with both for £9 and I cannot get myself to buy it

That's really poor. If you own part of the bundle they should discount the bundle price taking into account the fact you own part of it.

The thing it I'd happily but loads of the games, and probably never actually load them up, if they were priced temptingly enough... but they just aren't.

Yeah, this sale's one of the worst they've had in recent times for prices imo.

Bought Rush and Disneyland....Then decided to upgrade to zoo tycoon ultimate

Nowt for me but couple for the kids

Don't forget EA sports owns the games so it's up to them when they want to put them into the vault however since very few games Microsoft make they cannot put them in there I bet without permission and I bet most publishers won't let them

Xbox Game Pass games can be removed from this service too, whereas EA have committed to keeping games in the Vault once they are there.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom