Xbox One Backwards Compatibility

Gutted I don’t have access to my old gamer tag from years ago as I remember having this digitally but tons of other games.
What makes it worse is that I have my old account as an account I follow on the Xbox one lol

Argh can’t decide what to do.

Really want Orange box but do I buy on disc for £7.50 from CEX although I hate discs or wait and hope it drops in the sales as some point. I’m so eager to play it again but £15 is a bit rich for what’s over an 11 year old game

Finally my copy of The Orange Box and turns out it’s just the disc (must have missed the small print) and it’s scratched to hell so thank god it’s only needed for authentication as it would never install or play from the disc in this state.

I know it has no chance of happening but I want all of the following BC.

Virtua Tennis 2009
Top Spin 2

I just wanna play a modern Tennis game that's as good as Super Tennis on the SNES was.

It’s a funny world when the best tennis game available is Mario Tennis

Anyone playing COD MW2?

Got the disc today. Installed ok but just can’t get into any mp games. Just sits searching forever. I thought this would be so popular on BC. Is no one playing it or is something wrong???

Anyone playing COD MW2?

Got the disc today. Installed ok but just can’t get into any mp games. Just sits searching forever. I thought this would be so popular on BC. Is no one playing it or is something wrong???
I had a go on campaign but lost interest after an hour. Might fire it up later

Typical.
I bought it when it was on sale a little while ago. It was only about £3 or so, but still a tad annoying.
It always seems to happen.

there are a few titles i would love to be backwards compatible which im kind of surprised arnt

singularity
remember me
homefront
max payne 3
enslaved odyssey to the west
chronicles of riddick assault on dark athena

Still no F.E.A.R. :(

Its something i think they may come back to at a later date but by the sounds of it its all hands on deck for the new machine and what sounds like complete BC transfer with whats already had that treatment from the Xbox, 360 and the X1.

My impression of Project Scarlett is something I've been hoping for for a future Xbox.
From what I caught in the wording, it may be that the new Xbox will be less "backwards compatible" and more just compatible.
Meaning, there'll be something within the hardware which instantly recognises previous gen games, rather than requiring updates and basically emulating the old system/games.

At least that's what I'm hoping.
It'll kick the doors wide open for the entire Xbox back catalogue.

My impression of Project Scarlett is something I've been hoping for for a future Xbox.
From what I caught in the wording, it may be that the new Xbox will be less "backwards compatible" and more just compatible.
Meaning, there'll be something within the hardware which instantly recognises previous gen games, rather than requiring updates and basically emulating the old system/games.

At least that's what I'm hoping.
It'll kick the doors wide open for the entire Xbox back catalogue.
Yeah I got confused over some of the news. But sure i heard the entire catalogue could be made available.

That's just what I got from the way they worded it.
They said something like bringing four generations of games to the next console.

The current BC is actually just emulators.
If you look at the file size of each Xbox360 game, you'll see that it's larger than if you installed/downloaded it on the original console.
For example, Borderlands is something like 3.3GB without and DLC on the Xbox360.
When you install on Xbox One it comes to something like 5GB without DLC.

The way they are talking is they are going to make EVERYTHING BC

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom