Xbox One audio glitch

Discussion in 'Xbox One' started by Waynej, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    I've found what I hope is just a universal bug, and not an issue with my console.

I am hoping a few of you could test and clarify the situation.

The issue is that the consoles HDMI audio reverts back to Stereo after powering on/off, full power down, not an issue in standby.

So I have 5.1 uncompressed selected, and now every time I power on I have to remember to dig into settings to change it back to 5.1.

I noticed the issue after Feb update, I am also in the early March preview and was hoping it would be fixed.

Please test. ;)

2. amardilo

amardilo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,750
    I've not tested with my Xbox One but I remember my 360 and Onkyo receiver used to not play in 5.1 if I turned on my 360 before my receiver.

3. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25,771
    It may be random (as others have reported similar issues back in Jan) and not universal, not until lots of people test it and report back
    Xbox.com Forums

4. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,881
    Mine switched to 7.1 after the update but I set it back to 5.1 and its stayed on that every since.

5. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    Cheers for Xbox Forums link. So this is not or no longer an issue for anyone?

Should I make contact with MS to replace, or is this something that can be fixed in a patch, even though it seems the issue is not widespread?

Not sure which way to take it.

6. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    I just tested this out, and it seems you're right. I disabled the Xbox auto-powering on/off my amp, and now do it manually and turn the Amp on first - it now stays set to 5.1 Uncompressed after restarting the console.

I don't have this issue with PS3 though. I rather liked that my X1 can power on my amp/TV in one go, so it's a shame I have to revert back to a remote for the amp, but it's certainly better than having to change the console setting every time.

Will Microsoft bother to fix this though, obviously the feature works and powers on the amp so they may not see an issue? Be nice to have it stick to the chosen audio setting though.

7. amardilo

amardilo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,750
    Have you tried this in standby/low power mode? I think that in that mode it works OK (providing you have the audio correct when you set it to that mode), well I think it seems to work for me in that mode (might also be that now I am set to uncompressed 7.1 or something).

My PS3 and PS4 don't seem to have this issue and I remember hearing on a podcast (think it was the Gamespot UK podcast but can't remember) many years ago that the hosts had the same issue with the 360 but not the PS3 so I don't have a feeling they will fix it any time soon.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014