1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox on Hitachi PJ-XT100

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by BigD_2004, Dec 16, 2004.

1. BigD_2004

BigD_2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I have just recently got this projector set up and everything and have been enjoying the quality with movies. I have an xbox at home and I tried hooking it up with s-video and well, I was disappointed with the quality of the image. I have since done a bit of researching on this forum about it and am getting a little confused.

I see people talking about all of the different modes: 480i, 480p, 720p etc.. what are all these different modes?

I have read that in order to access these modes you need to mod the xbox and use NTSC games or something? I don't have any problems with modding the xbox as long as I know that it will work for me. What upgrades and all do I need in order to get a good image from the xbox?

If I do need to use NTSC games is there anywhere I can get them? Any uk sites?

Are you able to use ntsc games which are XBOX live games within the uk?

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +935
    480i, 480p and 720p are resolutions for the image, ie how many lines there are to make up the picture. Your projector supports upto 720p.

To access these higher res images from your xbox you will either need to fit a mod-chip to your box or 'soft-mod' you xbox. The safest way is to soft-mod if you wish to use xbox live. Do a search on this forum for more info on soft-modding.

You won't need to buy NTSC games to get high-def either, the moding process will enable you to select an NTSC output (instead of PAL) which will give you a menu to select 480,720,1080 modes.

But the most important thing to get if you want high-def is to get the Offical High-Def Cable otherwise you will not be able to get any of the high-def modes. The offical cable is the best one available.(i'm assuming that your projector has Component Inputs, if not ignore everything i've written)