XBox Now or Wait?

Yes Halo must be the starting point. Best game so far on the xbox.

harrisuk said:
Yes Halo must be the starting point. Best game so far on the xbox.

I played Halo on the PC and loved it, but I don't see much point in buying it and playing all over again on Xbox. I am really looking forward to Halo 2, though.
I've not yet finished Splinter Cell on pc, I may wait till I have and then get Pandora tomorrow for Xbox, although I'm not to sure how I will get on after being used to keboard and mouse for many years.
Nice list guys, keep 'em coming.

with a bit of patience and time youll get the hang of the analogue sticks, as for driv3r, steer well clear, its the biggest pile of turd to fly onto the shelves for months.
its just been over-hyped and not finished.
if your after some street violence then get grand theft auto instead, much better.

H4r7y said:
nero, i agree with you about MS being poor for not accepting debit cards etc. i too got brushed off by them about it.
but id like a little help with xbconnect, ive tried it befroe but i coul never get it to work right, do i have to turn my mod off when i want to use it?
as ive always had my mod running when ive tried in the past
:)
What kind of debit card do you have? I've signed upto Xbox Live fine with my Visa debit card.

Barrie,

Leave him alone. He's young and easily swayed by hype and adverts. Let him learn by himself :)

Only joking.

I would get a Xbox if I were you. There are plenty of great games out already and plenty coming out this year and next. Enough to justify the £100 + mod & HD outlay. ...Fable, Halo2, BC etc etc..

I had to wait for about a 18 months until the xbox really started to get going. Can't remember when the Xbos is out but I would have thought it wouln't be until late 05/ or 06 + 18 months....

Jus.

If you dont want to play Live can you still mod/update your Xbox to run Linux? or has Microsoft changed (whatever) to disallow this now? And anyone know just whats needed if you do want to run Linux on an Xbox?

Currently playing Chronicles of Riddick. Outstanding game, best graphics I have ever seen on a console. I mean some of the textures on characters and environments; I can’t believe they have managed it on the Xbox. It looks in parts a little like the preview shots of Doom 3 for the pc - seriously.Think of it as Aliens 3 the movie in a FPS without the aliens (and actually good !) 9 out of 10.

It’s violent though. (Very) so probably not for everyone.

I also have this game and it is excellent and there is a bit more to do than just go round shooting. I am glad i have finally managed to get into another game after Ninja Gaiden withdrawal symtoms :rolleyes:

Yes but the running around and shooting is extremely good fun. There are other elements as you said that have not been done in an fps before.

I would also like to say that in no way do those screen shots on gamespot do justice to this game. It has some of the highest quality textures I have ever seen in a game to this point and that includes pc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom