xbox not seeing files on PC's USB hard drive

goodall

hi,
finally managed to get my xbox seeing the media on the my PC :) it only shares files that are on C:\ though, i have a USB hard drive with 2 NTFS partitions and a FAT32 partition. On my PC these are E:\ F:\ and G:\. When i choose music on the xbox i can only see the files on my C:\ drive, is there a way to see the files on the USB hdd?
thanks in advance for your help
steve

GMC79

Distinguished Member
what are u using to stream? windows media player? Tversity?
In either u will have to add the specific folders u want shared so it'll see it.
Main My music folder on C drive must be default and so seeing it. Or mayb that is.lol
Or at least thats how ur post reads, have u selected the drives/or specific folders on the external drive to be shared?

goodall

it's using the standard windows sharing, so i guess its using windows media players sharing. I can see the media in my WMP library on my PC just not on the xbox. Do i need to setup file sharing on the USB drive or does WMP take care of that?

LJx

plug any usb devices - hard drives, flash etc. directly into the USB ports on the xbox

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom