1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox not high definition????

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by sime, Jul 26, 2005.

1. sime

sime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Microsoft disables the high-definition video output on the PAL version Xbox(only sold in Europe, Australia, NZ, Hong Kong etc.), so it cannot work normally with the X2VGA+. However, the Xbox consoles sold in North America, Japan, etc. which belong to the NTSC version, will work fine with X2VGA+. Please take note of this in advance. We will not accept exchange or refund for this cause.

i have just read the above that microsoft diables hd and i was hoping to connect it up to a plasma thats high definition ready now i am really confused :confused: as i thought it was hd ready

2. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    There are ways around this so that HD output can be enabled on PAL XBox's. I have mine chipped and with the MS Hi Def pack it looks superb :thumbsup:

Do a search in this forum and you will find quite a few threads on the subject.

3. sime

sime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    i have just checked your link you lucky git...................is that barnsley south yorks where you live .............................i hope to have a set-up like this very soon or maybe half as good, mission speakers, loewe mimo tv, and maybe a panasonic ae700 projector, i also have a pioneer receiver hoping to go 7.1 i myself live in barnsley................ :rotfl:

4. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    Yeah I live in The same Barnsley (are there any more..lol ;) )

My HC set up is pretty modest compared to quite a few other members but I am more than happy with it.

You will not be disapointed when you see your XBox on a big screen in hi def...I still get the WOW factor everytime I play on it :D

5. sime

sime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    cleric im going to get my xbox modified one of my...well i know a man who knows a man and he says he will put the best chip in he has even offered to up the memory so i can put full games straight onto the hardrive(xbox).................but i also know im going to purchase the xbox 360 as this will be released hd ready i do believe............
    i just cant wait no more these next couple of weeks will feel like an eternity .......

by the way there are another two or three barnsley's scattered around the country

6. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,132
    I've got my X-Box modded with an xecuter 2.6 chip and I replaced the stock Hard drive with a 120 gb one.

One thing I will mention though.... Have you already used your X-Box on X-Box Live? If you have then upgrading your Hard Drive will get your box banned. If you haven't subscribed to live yet then you're fine. :thumbsup:

7. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    I have to admit to still being very cautious about Live and having a modded XBox. I still unplug the network cable if I need to boot up onto the EvoX front end :rolleyes:

Sime, the 360 sounds like it is going to be every XBox owners drreams come true and I can't wait for it :smashin:

I did not know there were more Barnsleys (never looked to be honest though...lol) Where abouts in Barnsley are you then? I am in Athersley (shudder ;) )

8. sime

sime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    hey cleric im just on the out skirts of the town centre near the ARCHERS PUB.....but i am moving down towards the asda.............
    athersley :rolleyes: i was brought up there for the first seven years of my life ...on forest road :eek: :D

9. sime

sime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    thanks for the tip ......i have never been live yet!! i know i'm pritty sad :oops:

10. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    EEEK..Forest Road. Only a couple of streets away from there now :eek:

Oh and I am a 'LIVE Virgin' too...only been on about a month myself :smashin:

11. sime

sime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    back to the high definition questions ..................which cable for connecting the xbox to broadcast in high definition(which is the best) what about this one

http://www.x2vga.com/

12. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    Not sure about that one but the general oppinion from most people who have tried thrid party Hi Def packs are that they are not as good as the MS one.

I got mine from Lik-Sang, here is a link :

MS Hi Def Pack

13. sime

sime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    yeah i have seen these on ebay.............but i see they connect with component leads i know this is one of the best ways to connect, but when i saw the one in the link i posted i noticed that they connect via hd leads and thought that they may be better.................my xbox will be modified by next week its taking two days for the chip to come

14. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +419
    You don't have to have a full mod done to get hi-def ... there is a software mod that can be done that enables the hi-def output and is not affected/detected by xbox live ... see other posts in this forum ...

Jon

15. sime

sime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    cheers for the info.................. :D but im getting it done really cheap just for the price of the chip as a favour he owes me :smashin:

16. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +490
    The 3rd party packs don't even seem to be much cheaper. The MS kit is top quality like all the MS Xbox cables & accessories (apart from that crappy DVD remote control:)

I found a UK source for the kit here http://www.divineo.co.uk/cgi-bin/div-uk/xb-of-hidef