1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Modding From Scratch

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by ScoobyZ, Oct 19, 2003.

1. ScoobyZ

ScoobyZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Hi, I am thinking of getting an XBOX when they drop to £99. I am intending to mod myself as I would like to learn how to do it from scratch and also will probably end up doing it for friends too. I have read around and the executer 2.2 lite looks the best and easiest to install. Just a few questions.

1. Is there a site with an image of all the mame stuff / dashboard software on as I see some people pre bundle it all. Would be handy to put a larger hard drive in and image across all the files ? If not where is the best place to get neccessary files.

2. Does the box need any cutting to install the switch to flick it back to normal mode ?

I was going to buy a pre-mod box, but I can get a 120gb HD for about £60 (trade) and the chip is about £30 so that will be £190 for a 120gb chipped box.

Thanks in advance.

Scooby

2. Keitaro

Keitaro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some HDDs aren't compatable, and can overheat...

Best thing to do, is contact Yod@ on the rllmuk.com forum (it's down at the mo).

He's done close to a hundred, with a switch, and has been very good. :)