1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox: Modded Internet?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by chrislad, Aug 9, 2005.

1. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I have a modded Xenium 2.0 EvoX Xbox. I also have a wireless enabled laptop beside it.

I can ftp into my Xbox with a crossover cable, but the wireless connection has to be disabled as it won't work if it's not (something to do with different IP addresses I suspect).

Can I connect my Xbox to my Laptop via crossover and use it to play Live! games via XLink? If so, a guide would be appreciated.

2. jamieuk23

jamieuk23
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    You cant play modded xbox on live mate as they will scan your xbox and see your mod chip running + DVD-r disk + they now scan for upgraded hard drive.

I am able to play on live as I have the X-tender fitted to my xbox with 1 300GB hard drive for games + movies + standard stock segate xbox hard drive for xbox live, just have to make sure chip is turned off.

Hope this helps !!

am I able to give this information out on these forums ??? not 100% certian about the rules

3. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I know you can't play most modded Xboxes on Live. I knew that when I modded it, and it's not a concern as I'll have my 360 for Live.

What you can do though, is play game over 3rd party programs such as XBConnect and Kai Xlink.

I just want to know how to set it up as I described as I'm not sure how to.

4. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Oh, and you can talk about modding Xbox's here no problems. Modded PS2's are a different story though.

5. jamieuk23

jamieuk23
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    sorry thats a little to advanced for me mate I only no the basics. would recomend you ask this ? on www.xbox-scene.com sure you will get fast help there.

good luck!

6. rob_finch

rob_finch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    You'll have no trouble playing Xlink KAI as long as you can use the internet on your laptop via wireless whilst the xbox is connected via the ethernet cable.

If you still have to disable the wireless connection to be able to FTP to the xbox, set the network connection to the xbox to have a static IP address (such as 192.168.0.1), and set the xbox to a static IP as well (in your dashboard settings, i.e. 192.168.0.3). Just make sure your laptop's IP assigned by the wireless connection is different (I presume this is from a router?)

7. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I have to disable the wireless connection. My IP address is already static (192.168.1.3), but if the wireless on my laptop is disabled, I can't go on the net unless I bring my Xbox downstairs, which is what I don't want to do as it'd be handy to get the net working with my laptop and my Xbox.

8. rob_finch

rob_finch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/?go=quickstart

There's a section on there which describes your setup, and should help you. You'll need to check if your wireless card allows promiscuous mode, if it does not, then you are no go with wireless I'm afraid unless you get a wireless bridge or router.

9. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I have my xbox connected to my wirless router via lead and set the xbox to dhcp, take a lead from router to the socket on your lap top and fix the ip, then you should still be able to use your wirless for the internet. If you are surfing or downloading and playing on kai it'll give you a high ping which could result in been booted from an arena.
    What make of router have you got out of curiosity. :smashin:

10. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I'm using a Netopia router. I had a Belkin. It sucked. Netopia one is doing great so far.