1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBox Mod - Questions

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by stormjai, Oct 16, 2004.

1. stormjai

stormjai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Now there must be loads of new xbox owners,including me, after recent crystal xbox offer.

Thinking of getting my machine modded, for HD output, playing USA games, possible backup games- my 6 year old almost trashed Burnout 3 within 2 days of purchase!!

I,m not interested in Live! at present. will only be playing a few games

Questions

1) which modchip, and who can do this
    2) is it worth £60 for bigger HDD - what use specifically
    3) how to make backup using PC DVDR
    4) anybody ordered HD kit from Lik-San?

Sorry if these are repeats, but any information appreciated :lease:

Thanks

Jai

2. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,369
    Hi,

I'll try answer some of your questions..

1) which modchip, and who can do this
    I use the Xecuter 2.6 - the xecuters are probably the most popular and best rated chips at the mo and the latest version is the Xecuter 3 (although this is more expensive and the 2.6 is ok for most people to be fair - just read up on the chips and see if it does what you want it for). A bloke near me did mine although there are larger firms like Baldbouncer who can fit them for you - try searching the XBox forums for local chippers.

2) is it worth £60 for bigger HDD - what use specifically
    I got a 120gb (big enough for most people) from Simply Computers for £48 with free delivery. Definately worth it as you can cram it full of games, films, music, emulators/roms, pictures and just about anything you can think of. If you're happy just to play games from DVD and don't want to do anything else with your box then maybe the larger disc isn't worth it - it is for me though :)

3) how to make backup using PC DVDR
    There's plenty of tutorials regarding this on Xbox-Scene and elsewhere on this site.

4) anybody ordered HD kit from Lik-San?
    Nope although most people rave about the US MS High Def Pack on here. Don't have a high def screen unfortunately so not dabbled myself.