1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox mod chip

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by H4r7y, Jan 24, 2004.

1. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im looking for a non solder mod chip for my xbox as i want to use it as a divx player in my living room. any advice as to which one will do what would be great. also do i need to get the dvd remote to play divx and xvid stuff? and i wouldnt mind playing some retro roms too
    :)

cheers

h4r7y

also how would i go about getting 5.1 from it and is it multi region out of the box or is that a benefit to getting it modded? ( to play games and dvd's?)

2. james.miller

james.miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    okay let's see what i can do:

modchips.

There are various different solderless chips available. a table of the difference between the modchips that matter can be found here:

http://www.xbox-scene.com/modchips3b_table.htm

The xecutor chips are well regarded - i have the 2.2lite in mine. So id say an xecutor 2.2lite or 2.3lite with pogopin addon would be a great choice.

Divx

nope, you dont need the remote. When chipped, you dont need the remote to play dvd's either if you get the right software. To be honest though, the remote is a fine addon and works very well with Xbox Media Player (the software you use to play mp3's, divx ect)

You need to buy another a/v lead for the xbox. Which one you buy depends on what connection you want for the T.V. ie: component, s-vdeo, rgb ect.

Multi region

No, not out of the box. It is with the modchip but once again you need to get the right software.

3. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,761
    As James has said, the xecuter chips are generally regarded as the ones to get. I have the 2.3lite+ which is the solderless version.