Xbox Mod chip HD questions

choccy

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am looking to get an xbox that I can play backups on and output Hidef to my soon to arrive panny ae900 (I hope).

As I understand it if I softmod then I can't play on live.

If I purchased an Xecuter 2.6 CE Mod Chip & Xapter then would that allow the play of backups as soon as installed ? also, does this just reuqire a softmod to then play hidef ? If so can this be turned off and on easily so I could go onto live.

Basically what is the easiest way to have an xbox be able to play backups, divx, output hidef and sometimes play on live ?

I have looked and read a lot but there are a lot of ideas out there and any help would be appreciated.

You can softmod using SID 4.5 and if you keep your existing Xbox Hard Drive in then you can still use Live. You boot with the Eject button for modded and power button for original use. Obviously no backups on Live...

You can do all this with chips too...that's probably easier but more expensive.

Wow that's easy. Thank you for the link. I don't suppose you know if this would also enable the hidef to be used ?

So if you were to add a new hard drive, is it easy to set on up and I assume if you wanted to play on Live you could just swap them as it takes only a couple of minutes ?

To enable HiDef you have to turn the Xbox into a NTSC Xbox - to do this you have to run the homebrew programme Enigmah VideoSwitch - which can only be run on a modded Xbox. You also have to have the HiDef kit plugged in to get the HiDef options on the Xbox dashboard.

Changing a drive is pretty straighforward, I think you do this using the AID disk linked to before, or other disks can be found that may be better...Slayers etc.

Upgrading hard drive with softmod isn't really that easy involves using PC with XB it's hard if your a newbie.

am i right in thinking that for splinter cell you cannot use the classics version ? is that the same for the other games ?

choccy said:
am i right in thinking that for splinter cell you cannot use the classics version ? is that the same for the other games ?

Apparently some Splinter Cell Classics work...it's usually easy enough to get a non-classic version from eBay for around £3-£4.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
All splinter cell classics work fine its another budget version that was released that doesn't

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom