1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox + ME102 = No?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by TheChaos0, Jul 7, 2005.

1. TheChaos0

TheChaos0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got Xbox...couple weeks ago...and I aquired Netgear ME102 Wireless Access Point some time before plus I have PC hooked up to Wireless router...So I thought...hm...let's see what ths Xbox Live! blah blah about. Then I thought...ME102 into Xbox and hook it up to the network...but no...firstly the ME102...is nearly unconfigurable...:p...but secondly I tried the router in the Xbox...(ye PC is on ground floor....and Xbox in my room..along with the big TV) w/o internet connection...it actually decided to do something...stopping on DSN...but when I put ME102 into Xbox...it stops...on not even finding hardware.

The question...Should I try with ME102...Or scrap the idea...sell it on Ebay and get Wireless Ethernet Bridge instead, I know they work with consoles...but 1. I hate waiting for them to arrive, and no I am not going to any shop...'cos they rip you off so much in there...2. I don't see the different between the functions of Bridge and Access Point...Bridge is just downgraded Access Point...

The other option of course is put Xbox into Trash and go back to good ol' PC gaming...:D