1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Live

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by -Jay-, Jan 16, 2003.

1. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    There is talk in the US,that games coming out for xbox live will have an extra fee to pay to play them on live. the first being PSO the fee is because sonic team will use there own servers not MS. so would you pay extra on top of what you have paid already to MS?

2. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,100
    If I had X-Box live and I had a game that was worth paying for a subscription, then yes.

The difference between a good free-to-air game and a good pay for game is unquestionable. If you paid for your service then you would be able to have servers that could support 32 players plus for FPS games and hundreds of thousands for RPG games. If you play public or host yourself you will get few players and likely bad connections.

It is already happening in the PC world that servers are degrading more and more, very difficult to get on a public server (usually takes me at least 10mins to get on my regular CS servers) and the pings are getting worse (currently around 50-60 when I used to get 25-30). I would pay £5-10 a month depending on the game to guarantee a smooth service.

3. Respectamonkeee

Respectamonkeee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if the game was a morpg then i think £5 a month not to bad.....
    FPS i'd just go play on the pc for free.....

Becides i thought the whole point of xbox live was a 1 off payment per yr and away u go.....

need a few more live games tho......moto gp is starting to get on my t*ts a bit mainly cuz im rubbish and not willing to learn it.

Footy games on live would be sweet tho........EA sort it out!!!and konami while ur at it

4. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Thats what i thought aswel,don't get me started about a fotty game on live.PES2 would be ace & i would never be off it.but we will never see PES on xbox IMHO:(