Xbox Live

Michaelknell

Ex Member
Reaction score
I currently don't have an Xbox and will be getting the 360 for release date.

If I get this:
http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=sr&page=title&r=XBOX&title=815050

Will I be able to use the live account to sign up on the 360? If I can then it seems like good value. Live is £40 a year on 360 and the above package is £50 for a year + pro evo 5. This means pro evo 5 will cost £10. Obviously this is dependant on whether I can use this on the 360 or not.

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to use the code on a 360 to sign up for the gold service. but even if it doesn't work if you've got a mate with an xbox just use their xbox to sign up with the code then 'recover' the account on the 360

So it looks like a good deal then. Do we know if pro evo 5 will be one of the games that can be played on the 360? also, if it can, will the graphics be 'beefed up' by the 360. I have only ever played ps2 version and it would be great if the graphics were better.

99% certain PES5 will be a compatible game with the 360. it'll only be 'obscure' titles that won't work. But i doubt if any 'graphics beefing' will take place though

How good are the graphics compared to the ps2 on nomal xbox for this game anyway?

I've not played the fan heater version of PES5 but the graphics are fine for me. As we all know pes is about playability not eye candy

Yes, but I assumed the playability would be the same excellent standard. Anyone played both for a comparison?

Also, on that play.com offer on my orignial post it does not mention anything about the subscription being a gold one. I'm assuming it will but I don't want to get screwed. I know silver is free but I don't know if the old xbox has different levels of live membership.

Am ready to play pes5 on live now, the last was ruined totally by lag even though I had a 2mb connection, now I have a 10mb connection if there is lag and I am hosting, I will maybe shed man tears.

LOL. i hate to shatter your dreams but you only host half the game, it swaps round at half time, so you might still get lag, but it is better than pes4 imho

I never knew that, I have to say out of about 30 games on pes4 only 2 were lag free, was a nightmare passing a ball and 2 seconds later it actually passed.

Never had any lag at all on halo 2 though, is it konamis servers to blame then or simply peoples connections?

My PES5 lag stopped whe I opened up my X-Box Live ports on my router 88 and 3074 if memory serves - worth doing a google to check.

The X-Box version looks better than the PS2 version in 480p but there's not much in it as it's basically a port. I find the graphics are pretty reasonable but not really an improvement ofver PES4 so if you've played that then you know what to expect. :smashin:

Just played a game with no lag, won it too

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom