Xbox Live Wireless Connection

Yoru808

Standard Member
Reaction score
Well I Just Got A Netgear Router And Everything Is Going Well Cuz I have It Hooked Up To My Desktop And My Pc But When I Try To Connect To Xbox Live It Says That My NAT Is Moderate And That I Wont Be Able To Do Certian Things So If There Is Someone Out There PLEASE HELP ME. Oh The Actual Wireless Router That I Have Is RangeMax Wireless-N Gigabit Router WNR3500

Oh And Yes I Tryed Going To Netgear Support And There Forums But They Gave Me Alot Of BS

:lease:

There are a number of solutions; this is coming from a DG834G background, so I’m hoping they haven’t changed the menu structure too much...

1. The easiest by far is to switch on UPnP, or make sure it’s switched on. Should be on by default (Thanks Scholes18).

or

2. If that is already switched on, you could try giving the Xbox a static IP address on the DHCP menu based on its MAC address. Then go into Services and add the Xbox Live ports, see here: Ports that must be open for Xbox LIVE on your router or firewall

Then go to the Firewall Rules and point some inbound rules using the Services you just set up at your Xbox (its IP goes in the ‘Server IP Address’ box).

This might also help: Default Port Forwarding on the Netgear WNR3500

Let us know how you get on :smashin:.

Thanks that seems really long and i am not that technical so if you could could sort of go step by step please :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom