1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBox Live - What to play first??

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by rscott4563, Dec 25, 2003.

1. rscott4563

rscott4563
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Got XBox Live today as a prezzie and have been told that I can have any live game I want, my question is what game to get first?? Whats the best, easiest way to get in to online gaming, I particlaurly like RPG and FPS type games, what would people suggest??

Really appreciate the help, cant wait to get it up and running :smashin:

2. Drunken Master

Drunken Master

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Rainbox Six 3 is the current favourite of a lot of us at the moment.

Project Gotham Racing 2 is also we'll worth getting.

3. thestorm

thestorm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    id go for Counter Strike, its great...

also Rainbow six pt 3 & PGR2

4. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Rainbow 6 3 is the best FPS on Live at the moment (if you get it dont forget to download the 2 new maps as loads of people forget). Counterstrike looks ok but aint worth paying the £30-£40 (especially as the pc version is free) get it if you see it under £20

5. carpeteyes

carpeteyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Rainbow 6 3 in on offer at virgin at the mo. 2 for 1

6. rscott4563

rscott4563
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for all the replys guys, looks like its going to be Rainbow 6 as the first one, especially if i can get it on 2 4 1 :smashin: :D

7. rahulkohli

rahulkohli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    get rainbow 6 from play.com for £18/ and get PGR2 from amazon for £30.

8. rscott4563

rscott4563
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I'm not back home till begining of Jan so I'm having to wait till then before gettin online, but decided on the games, going to get R6-pt3 and if I can get it on 241 at virgin I'll get Midtown Madness3 with it if I can as it seems like a fun easy to get into online laugh, I've also got some Game vouchers so I'll probably use them for something else, either GRIT/CWolfenstien, actually what I'd really like is something Live with some RPG elements, does anything like this exist at the mo??

Cheers

Ryan

9. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Rpg wise theres the superb Phantasy star online BUT you have to pay a monthly sub to play online £5 a month - You do get 2 months free when you buy it so its worth a go for 2 months then just cancel your Sub - thats what i did.
    Theres some other RPG(true fantasy online) coming but its along way off at the moment.
    For a slightly different style Tenchu is due very soon and that will have online play - its a superb Ninja stealth game - should be alot of fun online.

10. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    I have Rainbow Six Raven shield on the PC so dont see the point in buying it on the xbox as well.
    My fave game is Top Spin and I am getting quite good at it :clap:, other game I recomend is PGR2.

11. rscott4563

rscott4563
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well I've finally got home and got round to setting up XB Live, off up town now to get a game or two, had a quick go on MotoGP first thoughts are how wierd it is to be able to hear people talking, especially as they all seem to be Yanks!! Think it will take some getting used to before I'll be joining in the banter.... What has everyone else thought about the voice communication, does it get used a lot??

Anyway my gamertag is "SCOTTY4563" so feel free to add me to your lists as I'd look forward to a b it of online gaming with some fellow brits.... and AVers at that :D :smashin:

12. Mr_Belowski

Mr_Belowski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    Voice communication is a big part of most games. I've only been on Live for a week or so, but I found that MotoGP has the most American players. R63 and PGR2 (the two main Live games) seem to match you up with servers full of UK players.

While I don't want to slur an entire nation based on Xbox Live experience, I have to say that the manners of UK gamers seem much better than our American cousins. Playing on R63 against UK players, the voice comms are ace - no-one screams down their mics, insults other player, or generally makes an arse of themselves. The voice comms are very much part of the game when you're playing with a team, and really enhance the immersion and atmosphere.

For PGR2 it's a little different. Obviously the mic is used mainly for rubbing your opponents' noses in it when you whip them, or to complain when you get stuffed into the wall. Again, it all seems much more light-hearted and well mannered when you're playing UK (or European) players.

Naturally, the above is just my experience. I've found UK players to be much more fun to play with, but that's not to say there aren't plently of UK players who are arses, and US players who are fair and well mannered.

13. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Yes, that's true but there are plenty of nice American people on theere. The vast majority of them are great and good gaming can be had. Some do, I must admit seem to delight in hurling racial insults around and calling people 'fags' at will. Try to avoid those guys but generally they are all fine.

One compalint. Why do French players talk for so long between games? Would help if I knew what they were talking about but it seems they want more natter than play. Germans talk a lot too (oh yeah and they only ever drive porches and BMW's):smoke:

14. UncagedTyphoon

UncagedTyphoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    how come the french and germans kick you when you kicking arse damm bad loosers
    or just kick you if they think your a Britt or Yank