1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBox Live through NIC and ICS on BT Broadband

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by MacReady, Jun 16, 2005.

1. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    I finally got Xbox live today and until I get a wireless broadband router to replace the 'squished frong' I got as part of my BT Broadband package I am trying to set it up using a 10/100 network card and allowing Internet Connection Sharing on my BT broadband connection.

I have set the XBox dash settings to pick up and ip plus DNS automatically and checked everything I can think of in the local area connection settings but I am getting a 'Limited or no connectivity' message on my pc and my Xbox is coming up with a 'DNS not found' error :(

Can anyone shed any light on what I am missing...please :confused:

2. UncagedTyphoon

UncagedTyphoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    not ever use the NICS setuo I woulnt know
    But what i do know is if you goto www.xbox.co.uk there is a guide on how to do this wich may help you good luck

3. bigNeil

bigNeil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Cleric,

I used ICS with a frog modem initially too. It works okay, but you do get a bit more lag occasionally.

The official xbox guide for ICS is here, and there is a more detailed troubleshooter here. The only thing that I got wrong when I first set it up was that I used a normal ethernet cable, not a cross-over one.

If you're still stuck after going through this guide, either post back here, or go to forums.xbox.com and post there in the UK General forum asking for help from a man called Ceesar!

Hope this helps, Neil :)

4. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Thanks Neil

I have been through the troubleshooting guides a couple of times now and as far as I can tell I am doing everything right :confused:

I have done an ipconfig/all and got the DNS address and added it manually to the dashboard but it can't even confirm it's ip then so that seems to be a step backwards :(

I have posted over on the UK XBox forum (thanks for the link).

5. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Neil, you are not Ceesar on the XBox forums are you??

I have posted over there and he has replied a few times trying to help but as soon as I have mentioned that my Xbox is modded I have been told flat out that I cannot connect to Live and that I cannot discuss it as Xbox modding discussions are prohibited !!!!!!

I know this is not the case at all as has been proved by many of this forums users ! I know there have been cases of peoples accounts being bvlocked when they have changed their hard drive but I have been told that the if the X3 is switched off I should have no problem at all?