Xbox Live Rewards Program

DJSigma

Ex Member
Reaction score
Here's the details: -

2hz0cr8.png

It's only for US and UK folks at the moment.

http://rewards.xbox.com/

You only have to sign in with your Windows Live ID and click the sign up button. There's no forms to fill out.

Last edited:
Wow, underwhelming is an understatement. Well done M$.

Yeah, they should scrap it and go back to giving us nothing at all. That would be a lot better.

Yeah, they should scrap it and go back to giving us nothing at all. That would be a lot better.
:laugh:

I think it's a good idea DJ...:thumbsup:

At least I'd have nothing to moan about. :rotfl: But seriously, renewing a 12month XBL sub for 200msp. You can't even get a piece of DLC or decent arcade game for that.

At least I'd have nothing to moan about. :rotfl: But seriously, renewing a 12month XBL sub for 200msp. You can't even get a piece of DLC or decent arcade game for that.
I would rather renew a 12 month sub and get 200 points, than renew a 12 month sub and get 0 points. You could buy 2 decent indie games with it or put it towards an XBLA game or DLC.

I wonder how the "Activate and use Netflix/Sky" works, most people will have already used the app, is it going to be easy as just loading it up again?

Do you have to renew through MS or is using prepaid codes not valid?

Here's the web site. You have to sign up to earn the rewards: -

Xbox LIVE Rewards

And the T&C: -

Xbox LIVE Rewards

@Spidey, regarding Sky: -

Activate and Use Sky on Xbox LIVE: Available to participants who are not subscribers to the Sky service through Xbox LIVE (or have not activated their Sky service on Xbox LIVE) as of the Program start date and upon confirmation of your enrollment into the program. Activating or signing up for the Sky Service via Xbox LIVE and keeping the subscription for at least a month during the Program Period will earn one hundred (100) Microsoft Points. Xbox LIVE Gold and Sky memberships are required for Sky streaming. See Sky Terms and Conditions for details about the Sky Service. Participants can only earn these Microsoft Points one time during the Program.
@Matt/ArrBee - It doesn't say you have to buy your Xbox Live sub through the console or Xbox.com, just that you get points for renewing it which implies that using pre-paid cards would qualify you, but I don't know for sure if that's the case.

I thought this was going to be the "awards" they announced for long serving Gold subscribers... guess they canned that idea then.

Having to sign up for it as well... you think it's be automatic... oh no hang on this is Microsoft isn't it!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

If you're already signed into Xbox.com (I permanently am) all you have to do is click the sign up button and that's it. It redirects you to a page saying you're in and that your current reward total is 0. You don't have to fill out any forms.

Definately better than nothing I suppose, 200 points would have bought Splosion man last week with some change, though I keep hearing rumours of a price increase for the 12 month live to RRP £49.99, hope this isn't an effect of that.

Cheers for posting DJ. It might not be much but it's something :smashin:

In theory you can get 440 free points a year... which is what £3.50 ?

In theory you can get 440 free points a year... which is what £3.50 ?
In theory you could get more than that. It depends if you've used Sky Player or whether you buy a family pack of Live subs. It also depends what the rewards are for purchasing "select Marketplace content".

It's not going to amount to anything worth shouting about, lol, but it's a few points for doing pretty much nothing.

From my reading most of the rewards are focused towards new customers, such as free points for your 'First' marketplace purchase, the points for people subscribing to Sky Player for the first time. And I will be shocked if pre-paid codes get rewards, MS try to pretend that they don't exist so that is why they wouldn't mention them explicitly.

MS try to pretend that they don't exist
MS would rather you subscribe, obviously, as you pay more and are tied into an ongoing deal (unless you cancel), but to say that they try to pretend they don't exist is nonsense when MS are the sole company that created pre-paid Xbox Live and MS Point cards in the first place, and they are the sole company that can cause them to cease to exist at any point.

MS will not cease pre-paid cards while there are a large number of customers using them for fear they would just stop subscribing. They also link in to the parental controls which stop the abuse of a credit card, and a way to 'gift' points .etc. which is a real money spinner.
But I'd be shocked if you find any MS literature that mentions any way to subscribe to Live or purchase points other than Credit Card subscription, with the exception of the 'Redeem Code' sections of the dashboard the Xbox.com.

Sony likewise never advertise the PSN cards, Apple never advertise the iTune cards because these companies like to pretend they do not exist because they lose out on profits if everybody uses them, but increase profits if only those who will use nothing but pre-paid cards know about them being cheaper.

But I'd be shocked if you find any MS literature that mentions any way to subscribe to Live or purchase points other than Credit Card subscription, with the exception of the 'Redeem Code' sections of the dashboard the Xbox.com.
This is on the page on Xbox.com where you subscribe to Live: -
Prepaid codes can be used to extend an Xbox LIVE subscription or redeem in Xbox LIVE Marketplace for games, videos and special offers.

You can enter prepaid codes in Xbox LIVE Marketplace or Account Management. You can also use the Add Microsoft® Points Wizard to enter a code for Microsoft® Points.

Notes about prepaid codes:

Xbox 360 console subscription codes are designed specifically for the Xbox 360 console and are not compatible with the original Xbox console. However, original Xbox subscription codes can be used on an Xbox 360 console.
Prepaid codes cannot be consumed or activated if the user has billing violations or their payment instrument is in decline. The user must first remove any violations before utilizing a prepaid code.

Signed up... so when does this go live? I.e if i add a membership to my account now will i start earning the rewards?

You very selectively went to the only section that has that data (which I already stated in my post), where you have clicked the Redeem Code radio button which then states that you can buy a subscription card which anybody clicking that option will be aware of to begin with. But on that page was that the default option? Will 99% of users visiting that page click Next without noticing the Redeem Code radio button?

Would be nice if this was retroactive (No Chance) as I've been in Live since the original beta. :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom