Xbox live restricted at uni accomodation

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by jjsearson, Sep 2, 2007.

1. jjsearson

jjsearson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, I'm off to Cardiff university in a few weeks.

I will be taking my xbox 360 with me for playing and keeping in touch with some of my firends on xbox live.
    However I know for a fact the university accomodation uses a type of network security called reslan. I have been told that this reslan blocks the ports needed to play xbox live (and all p2p downloading programs, which I also like to use).

Does anybody know if there will be anyway around this? For instance will I be able to run the xbox through my laptop and connect to live?

2. CDR

CDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +312
    Doing this, I think you can. I'm sure i've read/heard of a port tunnelling program that will enable you to do this, although with it being late at night and a Saturday night.. Can't remember it for the life of me, spend some time on google under "XBOX 360 Port Tunnelling" or "Xbox 360 port block" and i'm sure someone, somewhere in the world experiances the same problem. Hell I bet you'd find someone in the same apartment block !

Let us know the solution if you find it, so we can help the next person quicker! :thumbsup:

3. Batch

Batch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    University: Lancaster, Home: Cambridgeshire
    Ratings:
    +200
    I'm also going off to Uni at the end of September, i'm also hoping i'l find a way around the port blocking.

EDIT: Just searched ' Xbox 360 Uni Port Block' on Google and this thread was the first hit, lol.

4. kopchoir

kopchoir
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,455
    there is a section on shadowmanuk site his site if you dont know it is at the sticky on the top faq connections to live sticky or search members shadowmanuk he has his site as his homepage hope this helps