1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBox Live renewal Question...

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by nealgs, Dec 6, 2004.

1. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Have just had an email from MS informing me that my 2 mth trial to XBox live will be renewed using yearly billing (£39.99) from Jan 4th 2005.

What is the best/cheapest way to renew for the 12 mths?? just let MS bill me, or cancel and buy XBox live starter pack or something??

also, if i do cancel and reregister, will i loose my gamertag (as long as someone else doesn't register it that is) ?

any help appreciated

cheers
    Gary

2. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,341
    The cheapest way to renew is definitely to buy a starter kit, plus you get a communicator headset included. You can buy them on their own, but if you buy one with a game you can save more. For example, a Halo 2 with starter kit is £60 in the shops, or less if you shop around online. Also, I believe GameStation are doing a 'buy any Live enabled game, get a starter kit for half price (£19.99)' offer at the moment.

Your other options are to either pay using the credit card you signed up with on an annual basis (£40) or monthly (£5).

I'm not sure what happens if you cancel your two month trial, but I'd assume you'd be able to recover it after a reasonable period of time after cancellation (2-4 weeks), but this is pure speculation as I've not tried it. Has http://www.xbox.com/ got any details? You cannot keep renewing the 2 month trial with 2 month trials though, thats for sure.

Hope this helps :)

3. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers Lorenzini - i'll be going with a full 12mth contract this time :thumbsup: now i know what to expect in XBlive.

I think the live bundle will be the way to go, just need to see what offers are available now

cheers

Gary

4. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    just buy a new starter kit and enter the code into your dashboard and your Account will have the 12 months added to it - no need to cancel. Just make sure you buy a kit before your 2 months is up.

5. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers captaineyecatch :) got your game invite other night, but don't have TC's Ghost Recon 2, if it's anything like rainbow six, they very unlikely i'll be getting it, as if you thought i was bad at Halo2, then worse is an understatement at Rainbow six type stuff :rotfl:

Gary

6. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    same here captain. I do not have GR2. is it any good?

7. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    GR2 is very good well worth getting as the co op options and games are very good fun. The Team games are very hard i always get wiped out very quickly mainly because i dont know the maps very well and i dont camp that much.
    The maps are huge far bigger than any of halo 2 maps and the graphics are superb again much better than halo 2.
    It a very different game to R6 + halo 2 as its one hit kills so you have to play carefully - well worth a buy i think :thumbsup:
    There are a few bugs (its a Ubisoft game so we all know what they are like)
    but nothing that really hurts the game.