XBOX LIVE Question

OrigamiNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of setting up a Live account but I am shocked at the price of the official wireless bridge.

I have a wireless network set up at home and wondered if there is a cheaper way of setting up Live without having to shell out £60 for the wireless bridge?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheapest way is to use the supplied Ethernet cable. I don't think there's any other Wireless Adaptor/Bridge that'll work.

Microsoft accessories are extortionately priced IMO.

There is a cheap 3rd party product available but is very unreliable. Don't be tempted....my mate had one and it cut out evry 5 minutes.

Thanks for the quick responses

I use a Belkin wireless USB network adaptor for my PC to connect to the internet which was reasonably priced, am I correct in thinking that I cant just buy another one of these, hook it up to my 360 and connect to Live using such?

Only the official USb one will work.

I use a wireless ethernet bridge which is cheaper than the microsoft USB one and works just as good.

Only the official USb one will work.

I use a wireless ethernet bridge which is cheaper than the microsoft USB one and works just as good.

Thanks for your response

Can you provide me with the details?

Here is a link for a newer version of the one i use.

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/61885

You just link it up to your network on a computer then connect it using an ethernet cable to the xbox.

I bought a second console recently and was forced to buy the wireless adapter because I had no other way to connect it. Wasn't happy with paying £60 but I had no other choice.

Only thing now is I was playing some COD4 online and it kept saying connection interrupted. Does anyone know why? Or if a TV can cause interference with it? The 360 is right below the TV (42" Plasma) and obviously the wireless adapter is at the back, attached to the HD-DVD drive.

I bought a second console recently and was forced to buy the wireless adapter because I had no other way to connect it. Wasn't happy with paying £60 but I had no other choice.

Only thing now is I was playing some COD4 online and it kept saying connection interrupted. Does anyone know why? Or if a TV can cause interference with it? The 360 is right below the TV (42" Plasma) and obviously the wireless adapter is at the back, attached to the HD-DVD drive.

I think it's unlikely to be the TV causing the interupt.

I have a digi-sender hooked up to my Sky receiver (sends Sky wirelessly around the house) and that interups the signal of the wireless adaptor, even though i've tried different frequencies, so I have to unplug it (hardly use it nowadays so not too fussed).

The point being that it could well be another wireless device causing your issues.

If you have other things running, try disconnecting them until you find the route (no pun) of the issue.

To the OP, it may be £60 and, i agree, vastly overpriced for what it is but it does the job very well. I've had it since launch and had no other option. You soon get over the price considering the result.

You can get it (the official adapter) a little cheaper if you look around.

Play-Asia around £45 with postage but customs might tag you. Ebay is also an option if you find a good seller.

It's expensive but it's a great little thing, i've never had any problems.

PC World do it for £49.99 if you reserve online and collect in store, that's where I got mine.

I'm using a Netgear Wireless Gaming Adapter (Wireless Bridge) and it works liek a charm. Cost me about £30 off ebay a few years ago. Think its a WGE111

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom