xbox live question?

red2004devil

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi. A question about xbox live whilst playing pgr2!

I have had xbox live for over a year and so has my mate and we both play each other on pgr2.
Now my mate's nephew has just had xbox live 3 days ago we have just tryed to play each other but for some reason we cant.
If im the host i can play with my mate but not his nephew or play with his nephew but not my mate.
If my mate was the host he can only play with me not his nephew.
If the nephew was the host only i can play with him not his uncle.

Has anyone got any answer to this problem?

Is your mate and nephew in the same house sharing the same connection or at separate properties with their own connections?

I know that Microsoft upgraded their servers recently in preparation for the Xbox 360. But I doubt that this would be the cause of the problem.

I would check any firewall configurations first. From experience its usually the firewall configuration - I've seen similar problems where connections would work in one direction and not the other.

The easiest way to check is to have everyone put their Xboxs on an open connection. This can either be done by setting up DMZ on the router or simply connecting the Xbox directly to your broadband modem.

If everything then works fine you have a firewall issue. If not then it may be an issue with the MS servers.

Have you experience problems with other games?

Hope this helps.

I GOT A QUESTION rite
WATS BETTER -
silver xbox live - XBOX 360
or
the gold membership live ??????
im curiuos if ur asking, why i asked :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom