1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Live question?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by red2004devil, May 22, 2005.

1. red2004devil

red2004devil
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi. My current live subscription runs out in october! Should i go and buy another one or wait till the xbox 360 comes out?
    If i go and buy one will my current gamer tag be transferable to the new console when i get one and all my data with it? :smashin:

2. carlton

carlton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    October! and u worrying about it now :eek: and of course it will be transferable it will still be xbox live.

3. neil c

neil c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Subscription cards are going pretty cheap on Ebay (after all those half-price Live Starter Kits at Game). If you add another 12 months to your Gamertag you'll be able to swap that subscription over to the next Xbox, no worries. If Microsoft cleared all Gamertags and started fresh, they would never hear the end of it.

When the X360 hits the shops, you can bet that MS will package a new starter kit - the X360 has a new headset and Xbox Live has the 'Gold' service.

The new subscription kit could sell for £39.99, in which case it would stay at that price for a long time. But that depends on whether or not MS use the same pricing strategy again, and if the old Starter Kits have been pulled from retail.

The Xbox Live console transition period will be interesting. Rumours suggest that the original Xbox will have sold out by the X360 launch, but old Live users will still need to update their subscriptions, so I expect that old and new Starter Kits will have to sell side by side for a while.