Xbox Live Question

adrian3221

Established Member
Reaction score
Just ordered my Xbox Live Starter kit and eagerly awaiting delivery! I have a couple of the free two month subscription vouchers. Just wondering if it would be possible to set up my gamertag/account using these and then activate my one year subscription at the end of the two months?

Cant wait to get stuck into PGR2, RS3, LINKS and TOPSPIN!!!

Well you could do that but you wont be able to keep your Tag from the 2 month free trial you'd have to change it.

Oh crap.

Looks like i'll have to change my tag in March then :mad:

Originally posted by Games Guru
Oh crap.

Looks like i'll have to change my tag in March then :mad:
Why have you got a 1 year sub code aswell?
If not you can let them just charge your credit card when the 2 month trial is over & you'll keep the tag you have now.

if you have got your year already paid for why should you have to change your tag ?
just phone m$ up and give them your years sub code i cant see why you should have to pay twice:suicide:

having taken the free trial or not

Yeah you might be able to do that worth a shot anyway.

Just one point Del how would you pay twice? one is a FREE trial, if you dont ring M$ to cancel the Free trial at the end of the 2 months they will then & only then charge your CC.

So you are only paying once not twice :lesson: ;)

Originally posted by LFC FAN
Yeah you might be able to do that worth a shot anyway.

Just one point Del how would you pay twice? one is a FREE trial, if you dont ring M$ to cancel the Free trial at the end of the 2 months they will then & only then charge your CC.

So you are only paying once not twice :lesson: ;)

you will be paying twice because :lesson: when you buy the headset you pay for a year up front so at the end of the free trial just call them and give them your number from the headset pack
and stop a payment coming of your card

Originally posted by derekrcross
you will be paying twice because :lesson: when you buy the headset you pay for a year up front so at the end of the free trial just call them and give them your number from the headset pack
and stop a payment coming of your card
Yes you pay £40 or whatever it costs for the headset & 1 year sub.
You get the 2 month trail from a game if you take the 2 month free trail first then call m$ with the code for your 1 year sub it means you could keep your Tag (as you said) but what it means is you get 14 months instead of 12 you have still only paid ONCE :lesson:

But anyway who cares :confused: :laugh:

so where do you get a headset from with the 2mth trial?

Originally posted by Damage Inc
so where do you get a headset from with the 2mth trial?
You dont but the guy has already bought a starter kit plus a game with the free trail.

God it must be the way i tell um :laugh:

I set up xbox live with the 2 month free trial i got with amped 2 as it says it runs out in march this year, rather than registering the 1 year code i got with my xbl pack as by the time that runs out my two month xbl trial will have expired.

I'll try phoning M$ in march when the two month trial is near to finished and ask if i can give them my 1 year code.

:)

Cor, what a furore! :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom