1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Live Problems.

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by jerkyboy, May 16, 2003.

1. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had Telewest Broadband installed, started playing Xbox Live.

Moto GP generally plays OK, but I keep getting booted out of games with the message "lost connection". This happens every couple of races or so.

Also when trying to join a lobby before a race, half of the time I get the message "Session has ended" (or something like that).

Ghost Recon sufers from pretty bad lag sometimes, with players skipping all over the place sometimes.

Surely this is not how its meant to be, has anyone else had similar problems. I am not using a router, just a straight connection.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

2. knoxy

knoxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    with regards to losing the connection in motogp, this could be because the person who was hosting the game has either quit the game or he himself has lost his internet connection - or possibly yeah, you've lost yours :)

happens occasionally for me, not tooooo often though

don't really play ghost recon that often to make a comment...

3. ezg

ezg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Lost connection means either:

The host has quit the room
    The host kicked you out of the room for whatever reason
    You lost your connection

In regards to the other message, there is a slight bug with the lobby room system in Moto GP.

After a certain period of time the room does not allow for any new people to join it even if there is alleged to be space available.

The only way you would be able to join that room again is if you were in it for any length of time before you went to another room/game.

This issue has been addressed for Moto GP2.

Dont know about Ghost Recon as I hardly ever play it.

As for lag this could be the other player using his connection on live as well as downloading items from the net or using filesharing programs and forgetting to turn them off before they come on live.