Xbox Live points do not add to Gamertag points?

Sab

This might sound like a stupid question but here goes ...

This happens when I play Gears of War on Xbox Live and play a ' quick match ': the points I gain from kills does not add to the points show on my Gamertag. Why is this?

Zzebedee

This might sound like a stupid question but here goes ...

This happens when I play Gears of War on Xbox Live and play a ' quick match ': the points I gain from kills does not add to the points show on my Gamertag. Why is this?

Gamertag points are gained by doing achievements put into the game by the developers. For example you'll gain points for completing the game or collecting the dog tags etc.
The only achievements to be gained by playing competitive games on live are the ones for getting a certain amounts of kills with certain weapons (usually 100 cumulative kills) on ranked games or hosting a certain amount of gemes etc. For example 100 kills with the chainsaw or 100 kerb stomps will both get you an achievement.
You can kill as many people as you like in a player match and you won't get an achievement, if you play loads of ranked matches you'll eventually get those achivements, it'll probably take a while though.
You can check out the achievements available via the game main menu or in the dashboard

So to recap, kills do not directly = gamer points

AVF Jazzy Geoff

Gamertag points are gained by doing achievements put into the game by the developers. For example you'll gain points for completing the game or collecting the dog tags etc.
The only achievements to be gained by playing competitive games on live are the ones for getting a certain amounts of kills with certain weapons (usually 100 cumulative kills) on ranked games or hosting a certain amount of gemes etc. For example 100 kills with the chainsaw or 100 kerb stomps will both get you an achievement.
You can kill as many people as you like in a player match and you won't get an achievement, if you play loads of ranked matches you'll eventually get those achivements, it'll probably take a while though.
You can check out the achievements available via the game main menu or in the dashboard

So to recap, kills do not directly = gamer points

well explained my friend :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom