1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBox Live PC Shared Connection

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by NeoAnnihilator, Dec 27, 2004.

1. NeoAnnihilator

NeoAnnihilator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been working out the kinks on my new xbox and I've been trying to go online with it. I currently have a wireless connection to my computer which is shared from a dsl network all over my house. I wanted to share a connection from my pc to the xbox via ethernet. Problem comes up that sharing a connection from an already shared connection doesn't work. The shared connection enabled must have direct connection. When I try all of this the xbox live displays that the cables aren't connected, as if. And it's not the cord because I've tried it on several other occations and it works. In any case, that's my hypothesis on what's going on. If any one could help me out or confirm my ideal then that would be great. Thx

2. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Hi Neo,

buy the wireless xbox connector, a bit expensive, but then your xbox will connect to your dsl router to get onto Live.

Are you really in salt lake city?

3. NeoAnnihilator

NeoAnnihilator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I saw that. There is one for xbox, made by microsoft or by linksys, and they have one for playstation. I was thinking about that too. Yes it is a bit expensive but that's okay. I can be wireless and have no problems. I saw something else that you can buy a wire that converts from xbox controller in to usb out. That way you can plug in any usb device and the other end of the wire goes into a controller input for xbox.
    I was wondering if I could plug in a wireless adapter into the usb but then I remembered that for my PS2 I tried doing that via it's usb plug and it didn't work. But maybe for xbox?

4. Himji

Himji
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How is the DSL shared around the house?