Question Xbox live on 2 xboxes?

Dextur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello folks, after a little help.

I just bought a Xbox one S for the kids room and moved the Xbox one to the living room.

Do I need two Xbox live accounts so my kids can play online at the same time as me?

Hello folks, after a little help.

I just bought a Xbox one S for the kids room and moved the Xbox one to the living room.

Do I need two Xbox live accounts so my kids can play online at the same time as me?

No, if you want to share your Live and Games then make the Xbox One S that the kids will play on your Home Console and then they gain access to your Live and Digital Games. Login as normal on your Xbox One and play as normal. You will need to be connected to Live to play Digital Games though on your console.

More info here - Xbox One User Guide & FAQ

ok so..

To be clear, I don't have an issue sharing the games but I can't seem to get both xboxes playing at the same time so I can play against the kids etc

Does a LIVe account get attached to the console or my account?

Yer I'm trying to figure this out and it sounds like my 10yr old daughter needs an email address to create a child account on my Microsoft account just so she can play Fortnite in her bedroom while I play something else downstairs.

Yep there’s no other way. I had to create her a full account with an email addresses

Then logged into my Microsoft account and have both kids the right to play the games they wanted to (over 15years)

Then set the other console to be home console

Now they seem to be able to play games on both consoles with their own logins without me being logged in
As it
Annoyingly despite me setting them up in my ms account it still asks which parent gives permission when they want to play a 15 rated game but hopefully the account will update soon.

Only one issue left for me but for online games unless I’m logged in I think I will need a second live account for the other console as it only seems to allow one live account per console at the same time Eden if in the same house, network etc.

I have this sometimes when my missus is playing the same game. We struggle to get in lobbies, usually it ends up being that one of our NAT types will have gone moderate or strict. Seems to do this when 2 xboxes are trying to access the same ports on the router I think. Usually a bit restarting routers and xboxes gets around it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom