XBOX Live newbie - no bloody idea!

curveball

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

XBox live newbie here! Now I may come across as being a bit of a numpty with all you seasoned xbox livers but I just wanted to help/advice (please don't laugh!).

So any tips for a newbie? I have yet to play anyone online. Managed to sort out month to month gold membership (thinking of buying one of those cheaper 13 month memberships).

But I wanted to get some basics right:

1. To play online against anyone I need to own the game right?

2. I have managed to download some stuff but get a message each time saying unable to log into messenger after I have signed in to live - where is the option to try this again? (I have upgraded to the new operating system, you know the one with the characters etc).

3. I have no friends yet! How do I find some?

4. My gamertag is: springsteenboss (yes I am a massive Springsteen fan!) if anyone wants to add me and help me around the thing.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Curveball

1) Yes

2) Messenger is the msn chat thing. I disabled it on mine. But I think it's on your user profile, and auto sign in.

3) Play some games, and add the people you like. If you wanna play cod4 or 5, add me for a game. ukbootlegs

Thanks mate.

I will be looking to play:

PGR4

Grid

FIFA 09

Halo 3

Tiger Woods 08

ADD me for Rock band 2 and Guitar hero World Tour!
Left 4 Dead!

my tag is Musa337:eek:

Thanks for all your help.

I cannot believe I have only just got into live, its awesome!

Only downside is that there are too may good gamers out there :D

add me i've added you. I dont know anyone with live so i'm trying to build up a friend of fairly nooby people like myself

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom